4.0

"You did what?"

"I let him scent me."

"For Christ sake, Seokjin, please tell me you're not serious. Actually, on second thought, don't. It's not like it would be believable anyway, considering you fucking reek of that alpha right now."

"Yeah, I know. Isn't it great?"

"Oh, totally, super great. Except for the part where Yoongi is going to fucking murder you. Like, just lose all sense and slice your throat."

"Namjoon, I appreciate you looking out for me and my throat, but I promise we're both gonna be fine. I left before he got home this morning and he'll be gone before I get back. So, nothing to worry about."

"Okay. Good plan. But let's just consider for a second that I could smell you from all the way across the room. So I'm pretty sure you left his scent all over your apartment."

"Counter, I released an insane amount of pheromones before I left. The whole floor smelled like I had gotten really into candle making and didn't know when to stop with the vanilla."

"Right. And you do realize your alpha probably smelled it too?"

"That was kind of the point."

"What is it about this guy that's got you all worked up anyway? Like, I've literally never seen you do anything that reckless."

"I'm glad you asked."

"Should I be sitting down?"

"Probably." That Namjoon would choose where they were to simply plop down wasn't exactly what he had intended. But he followed suit, even as he opened his mouth to complain. "I didn't mean here."

"Whoops. Now spill the tea."

"Well, first of all, he's fucking gorgeous. I don't even understand how someone who looks like that is single."

"How do you know he is?"

"Because he told me? He lives alone and I've never seen him have anyone over. Plus, there's no mating mark."

"That would be pretty hard to cover up. So, okay, he's gorgeous and you're a superficial bitch. But what else?"

"Excuse me for having taste."

"Sure, we can call it that."

"Anyway, he's also so smart. He has a degree in law enforcement and he's a police officer."

"Wait. Wait wait wait. Please tell me you're not serious right now."

"What?"

"Please tell me you're not seriously fucking around with a police officer."

"So what if am?"

"You know what, Seokjin."

"Look, it doesn't matter. There are exactly three people on this Earth who know the truth, and I'm pretty sure none of you are going to let it slip."

"Of course not but -"

"But nothing. It. Does. Not. Matter. Namjoon."

"Okay, but maybe you should see how much it doesn't matter."

"What do you mean?"

"Please tell you've at least looked this guy up on Instragram."

"Oh yeah, totally."

"What is it then?"

"Uh... Jung...kook... something."

"Right."