Present - Everyone

"You sure about this?" Taehyung sounded as endlessly exhausted as he felt. Checking out of the hospital had been an actual gauntlet of instructions and doctors and nurses and paperwork before he had been allowed to leave, literal hours after he was supposed to. "You know I don't mind you coming back, right?"

"I've been paying rent for months on an apartment I haven't even been living in. I might as make use of it." Counted among the multitude of incredibly stupid decisions he had made, not simply getting rid of the apartment he had rented when he first met Seokjin had to be near the top of the list. What had started as running away and spending a week in Taehyung's guest room had ended with him gathering all of his clothes and just making it permanent, all while still paying for a place he never planned to actually stay in again. A choice made out of depression, out of a desire to just give up, only ever going through the motions instead of actually living.

"Is this what Jin's been up to?" Because honestly, he was shocked that there was anything on earth that had somehow been more important for the omega then being there when Jungkook was released.

"Yeah. I had him get my stuff from your place." Seokjin, being the actual angel that he was, had also cleaned the entire space from top to bottom, clearing away dirt and dust. Had changed the sheets and towels and filled the pantry and refrigerator with groceries. Had worked tirelessly since the previous night to somehow transform an empty, cold space into something that was warm and bright and colorful and welcoming. "I also kind of asked him to move in with me."

"On second thought maybe it's better you don't come back. I really don't want to walk in and see you two making out again."

"Maybe if you had just learned to knock we wouldn't have had that problem."

"Well excuse me for thinking you wouldn't try and bang your omega in a hospital bed."

"Please tell me you know the difference between kissing and banging."

"No mommy, would you please explain it to me?"

"Don't worry, we'll take you to the library later and get you a book."

...

There were two omegas scurrying around his apartment, one straightening things and fluffing pillows and correctly little imperfections here and there that didn't even exist, and Jungkook wondered how beautiful and perfect their apartment must look. The other was in the kitchen, moving back and forth as they created something that smelled absolutely amazing, spices and peppers and meat sizzling together.

"God I really need to find an omega." Taehyung's voice broke the silence and they both turned, watching as the beta brought the contents of his arms over the sofa and instantly dumped it.

"Is that where those go?" Yoongi's tongue pushed into his cheek as he spoke, eyes glancing from the couch back up to Taehyung.

"But I'm tired." It came out as a whine, and Seokjin was mentally preparing to watch Yoongi launch into some rant about how that didn't matter.

"Are you arms broken?"

"No."

"Then you can carry them into the bedroom, can't you?"

"But -"

"Taehyung."

"Fine." Jungkook literally felt his head snap back at when the agreement was finally made, and watched with wide eyes as Taehyung scooped everything back up and started to make his way towards the bedroom. "Will you at least come and help?"

"Such a needy beta." It was said with a soft sigh, but for some reason neither of them understood, Yoongi actually started to follow.

"Okay that was -"