2.0

"Mr. Kim?" There was a soft voice playing somewhere over his shoulder, and he realized through the thick fog that currently surrounded him that he had fallen asleep. Curled up in that tiny little chair with his hand still intertwined with Jungkooks. "I'm very sorry, but there's someone here asking for you. They said their name is Yoongi."

"That's my m -" The word almost slipped from his mouth, but he stopped it the split second before it actually formed. '- brother. Can he please come back? I promise it'll just be for a moment."

"Of course." There was a soft smile and she disappeared, leaving Seokjin with the difficult task of trying to untangle their hands. It was a valiant attempt, but Jungkook was just too strong, fingers only seeming to tighten with every movement.

"Jinnie?" The door opened and the voice he had been dying to hear finally reached him and he practically sobbed out in relief, reaching out with his free hand to try and get the other to come closer.

"I'm sorry. He won't let go." It might have sounded comical if he wasn't on the verge of tears. But it didn't matter because Yoongi was there, dropping to his knees and wrapping his arms around him, drawing him in close until all he could smell was the scent of ginger and he finally felt like maybe everything was going to be okay.

"It's alright, baby. Your alpha needs you." Fingers stroked through blond strands, the movement slow and comforting and he leaned into it, placing his head against the other's heart, sighing as the sound seemed to calm him. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here, Jinnie. You should have called."

"I didn't want to bother you at work."

"Baby, you are more important."

"Can... can you please stay? Just for a little while."

"Of course. Do you need anything? When was the last time you ate?"

"I'm not hungry." Of course Yoongi would worry about those things. Of course Yoongi would take care of him now when he couldn't even take care of himself.

How was he supposed to take care of an alpha when he still needed his own mother so much? Then again, he was always going to need Yoongi. That would never ever change.

"But -" It felt kind of silly, but he didn't really care. He wanted it. "- could you get me some juice?"

"You got it."

...

There were two omegas, two different scents which seemed to play off each other and create an aura of calm and peace. Sweet vanilla and spicy ginger and they hit him at the same time, kept him from crying out at the pain that shot into his arm as he forgot and attempt to move.

Seokjin was curled up in the chair, legs tucked up under his body, head bent back at some awkward, uncomfortable angle, arm still out stretched to reach his own. The other was twisted up on the floor, head resting on Seokjin's bent legs, one hand resting beneath his cheek while the other remained connected with the other's left.

"Jin?" It came out weak and soft and he knew it probably wouldn't be enough to actually wake the omega, but it was all he could manage. Thankfully the other - and all it took was him lifting his head for Jungkook to recognize him as Seokjin's brother - seemed more attuned with his surroundings, the out of place sound drawing him from his sleep.

"Want me to wake him?" Yoongi's voice sounded strange and new, but it was so close to Seokjin's that it felt warm and familiar, and his alpha calmed a little at hearing it.

"I wanted to hear his voice." It sounded ridiculous even to his mind, but he couldn't help the desires of his alpha. "Or... I need his scent."

"I know it's not the same but -" Ginger washed over him in a slow, rolling wave, and instantly he felt himself begin to calm, the pain that had kicked up receding slightly.

"How do you both do that?" How was it possible for two omega's scents to be so incredibly different, yet have the same soothing effect?

"Family secret." Shifting, Yoongi began to untangle himself from Seokjin, movements slow and gentle, trying his best not to wake him. Once he was up he stretched, sighing as his muscles screamed in protest, sore and unhappy about being kept in the same position for so long. "His usually kicks up after mine does."

Indeed, there was already an edge of vanilla seeping through the scent of ginger, mingling and mixing until they were heavy in the air and Jungkook felt like he could finally breathe again.

"Thank you." It was still so soft, but the pained strain was gone, leaving behind a clarity he didn't have before.

"You're welcome, alpha."

...

They moved into a different room hours later, when the sun had already started to fall back down behind the earth, giving way to the light of the stars. This one actually had a couch built into the far wall, along with a larger, more comfortable chair that was already pulled up close to the bed and filled with extra and pillows and blankets.

"We allow mates to stay if they wish." A nurse informed him with a soft smile, and he felt an instant wave of something he couldn't describe.

"I'm not actually his mate." His neck still bore no tell-tale mark, and there was no ring upon his finger to symbolize any other union between them.

"I think we can make an exception."

...

Yoongi went some time after night fall, only leaving once Seokjin was settled, bottles of water and juice lining the near by table, ensuring that he wouldn't have to leave. There were also a few of his favorite snacks, an attempt to get him to eat something, anything, before simply giving up and piling blankets over him, promising to return in the morning with fresh clothes and his own bedding.

Plugging in his phone with the charger Yoongi had went and purchased for him, he sent out quick updates to both Namjoon and Taehyung, smiling as the beta promised to return the next day, saying he had a giant stuffed bunny with Jungkook's name on it. Checking his social media, he used it as a distraction, sighing softly as he felt those long fingers gentle squeezing his own every once in a while, Jungkook coming around for a few seconds before being dragged back under. Thick vanilla pumped out into the air each time, hoping to calm his alpha's mind and ease his pain.

Really, he hadn't been expecting anything after the messages had stopped. And maybe it would have been for the best for there to be nothing. For those words to be all that were ever said between them and for it to remain as it always been.

But things never happened how he expected.