Goodbyes

It was raining heavily but there was no announcement of class being suspended so you still got up of your comfy bed and washed up. You looked over the window and smiled with a gloomy face. "My, seems like the clouds are also weeping like me." You said and walked down the stairs.

You saw your dad seeping his coffee and your mom on the dinner table, busy eating. Your brother already went ahead and you also didn't bother to greet anyone because there was really nothing good in this morning.

You haven't told anyone about your circumstances yet except from Oikawa and you want to tell them about it firsthand. You don't need to work on your papers on school because you know well that your father already did.

Walking out of the house without saying anything, your mother bid you farewell and you smiled at her before opening your (f/c) umbrella and rode your bike. The ride was silent but not until a certain orange head joined you. It was Hinata.

"Y/n-san! Good morning! Is it really true??" Hinata greeted with a smile on his face which made your day a little bit lighter. "Heya, Hinata! What do you mean?" His question made you curious and he smiled at you again. "I heard you were leaving Japan??" "How did you know that?" You asked quickly because you don't remember saying anything to him about it.

"Well, Oikawa-san informed us." "Oikawa? 'Us'?" Your question made Hinata snicker as the both of you get off your bikes and parked it on the bike stands. "Oh right! Oikawa-san made a group chat with several members on it! Sugawara-san left the chat though." He explained as the both of you walked towards the gym.

"Never mind, I was planning to tell you guys about it anyway." You shrugged and opened the gym's door but Hinata and you were surprised that all of the members were already there. "You guys are very early today!" You greeted but they only looked at you with a gloomy face.

"What's wrong?" You asked and Sugawara was the first one to talk. "We heard about it. You're leaving Japan?" His question made your eyes twitch for a second. 'Damn it Oikawa. You stole the privilege of telling it to them firsthand.' You cursed on your thought and smiled at them.

"Uhm, yeah. My father needs me to work on the company business. I don't really want to leave but my father isn't an easy man." You explained which earned a few gasps from them. "Then, why don't just go and directly tell him that you don't want to leave?" Hinata's question caught you off-guard. "I did but it didn't really help. I'm sorry guys. I'll be missing this team very much." You mumbled and tears started to flow out of your eyes, and each tear represented your regrets.

"There's still time! You can still persuade him!" Hinata encouraged as he patted your back. "R-right! Y/n senpai there's still time!" Yachi added and held both of your hands. "When are you leaving?" Tsukishima asked out of nowhere with a plain tone as he stared at you.

"Tommorow." Your answer snapped the little hope that Hinata was holding onto and he clenched his fists as he ran outside the gym. He was pretty attached to you already as his big sister and he was pretty hurt too. Tanaka and Nishinoya who was really loud everyday was now very quiet. Shimizu walked up to you and smiled in a gentle manner.

"I will take care of this team for you. I promise, Y/n." Shimuzu's words made you rest assured and you just can't help but hug her. She comforted you until you have calmed down already. You went outside to breath the fresh air and the rain has already settled down a while ago.

"You're not wearing your usual smirk, senpai." His usual mocking voice entered your ears which sounded very refreshing for you after all the stressful things you've been through. He handed over his yellow handkerchief to you which you gladly accepted and wiped your face with it.

"Thanks." "Senpai. If no one can help you, then there's no choice but to stand up for yourself." He left after he spouted his remarks that immediately engraved on your mind. "This brat sure knows what to say." You grinned before walking away.

Today, you spent your day talking with people on the phone and this includes your friends from Nekoma and Fukurodani. You ate lunch with the second years and you spent the whole day in the gym with the team. Just thinking about leaving them made it harder for you to go.

Kageyama walked you home and this surprised you because he never really interacted that much with you. "Kageyama, thank you for walking me home." You said with a smile on your face. "You've been smiling all day but in fact you really wanted to cry. It's okay to tell everybody what you're thinking." His sudden burst made you wonder if the person you're talking to was the same Kageyama.

"Kageyama, can I have a hug?" You asked but even before he could answer, you already hugged him and he stood there frozen with his mouth hanging. "I'm gonna miss you guys. Be a good setter, promise me that." You mumbled with your face buried on his chest. After a few minutes of awkward silence, you let go of him and waved goodbye.

It was fun to part with him with a red face. The hug was not uncomfortable, in fact it was very comforting and warm. You gazed at the sky that was already turning darker as time pass by.

"I wish tommorow never comes.."

[Third PoV]

It was already morning and Y/n woke up early to clean herself up. She wore a (f/c) hoodie and (f/c) leggings paired up with (f/c) sneakers. She didn't wear her contact lenses today and instead wore her black glasses. As soon as she opened the door, bags and luggage entered her vision. The things were placed at the living room and it didn't take much space. The other room opened and revealed her father who smiled at her.

Kizuki actually wanted to go with the three but his mother strongly opposed because of his studies. A taxi soon arrived in front of their house and all of them boarded it except Kizuki who was now on his way to school. It was a very quiet and long ride, Y/n's mother occasionally opened a topic to start a conversation but it always end up wasted so she decided to stay put and let Y/n be.

"Do you remember the time when I picked you up here?" Her mother asked as they carried the luggage and walked towards the airport. "You're bringing that up now?" Y/n asked without looking and proceeded to walk away. They sat down on the waiting area because they already bought tickets beforehand and all they have to do is wait for their plane.

An hour had passed and they heard an announcement from the speakers telling the available planes that every passenger needs to board respectively. Y/n looked at the humongous window with her reflection on it. She stared at the planes that moved as if they were as small as cars.

"We are going to miss you so much. You should get in touch more." Y/n's mother said as she hugged his husband. Y/n looked at her mother and she smiled. It was probably the best smile that her mother has probably ever seen.

...

It was already afternoon and everyone was still doing their practice. Coach Ukai has been taking notes of their sloppy movements and he sighed. "Why does it feel wrong. There's something off." Coach Ukai murmured and Shimizu turned to look at him. "Oh, about that Coach. It was probably because of one of our managers, Naru Y/n." "What's wrong? Now that you mentioned it, I haven't seen her today." Coach Ukai replied as he placed his hand on his chin in a thinking manner.

"She's leaving Japan today and we are a bit frustrated because we can't see her off." "I wonder about that." Coach Ukai smiled as he pointed at the door of the gymnasium. Shimizu looked at the direction where Coach Ukai pointed at and she almost lost her grip on the notebook that she was holding.

There, standing before them was a girl with glasses, (h/c) hair and a smile on her face. "How could I ever let go of this treasure?" Her voice resounded that made the whole team stop.

"Y/n!!"

■■■■■■■■■■

Hello? Hello?
Hmm! Yes you're reading this right.

This is the last chapter of Mischievous!!
Thank you so much for all the support that you've given me and this book. The enthusiasm made me even more motivated!

-helli