May 21 by Miss Jelyn Palandito

HOW SHOULD I RESPOND TO PERSECUTION?

As we continue our walk of faith in the midst of pandemic, we had more time to read our Bibles, talk more to God, and if we have enough resources we join in a small group whereas we learn more about God.

That's what we do as followers of Christ we keep on creating ways to learn and grow. We don't stop to know more about Him and be closer to Him. We don't stop.

So as we learn and experience more of Him in our lives, we can't help but share and boast Him to our family and friends through our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any social media platforms we use. But sometimes we can not just miss out some posts that down us. Posts that ridicule our faith, worst from people we know.

Naturally when that happens, sometimes we become combative or impassive.

For instance, some of us might have stumbled on memes that are just inappropriate. We act upon our emotions, we try reply, then it will start an argument...that eventually doesn't end well. Or, sometimes there are some posts that make us feel ashamed and we'll feel small that we start to lose our confidence.

So, I will ask you, when was the last time you've felt persecuted?

Persecution is a form of cruel or unfair treatment towards a person because of his beliefs.

But. As a true believers of Christ, it is impossible to live without experiencing persecution or opposition. If we'll look into our bibles, Jesus warns his disciples about persecution.
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." (John 15:18-19)

Also, when Paul reminded Timothy, "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted," (2 Timothy 3:12)

The real question then is, how should I respond with persecution? From my family? From my friends? From someone I don't know? From the society I live in? How?

Jesus answered this question directly when He says, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44) and "bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you" (Luke 6:28).

We should never repay an agressive act with an equal hostility or mirror a negative attitudes with the same bad attitude. Instead, we keep our feet on the ground as we keep ourselves humble and loving towards people with different kinds.

Let's remember the life of Jesus here on earth. He received persecution on His early years up until He was nailed on the cross. But despite of everything, because of how much He loved us, He humbled Himself and accepted the wrath of God and chose to die for our sin.

To God be the glory! Have a nice day! 💙

Encounter Christian Campus Ministry Daily Devotions 2020जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें