March 23 by Ptr. Grant Amasi

HOW TO SURVIVE HOME QUARANTINE?
Covid-19!

The emerging situation with covid-19 has created anxiety and worry for our well-being and for the future as well. In situations like this, it is important for us to remember that God promised to be with us. Sometimes we lose focus due to our panic or fear. But let's not forget that the God who made us, the God who gave His Son for our salvation, promised not to leave His children in this time of need. (Psalm 46:1-2)

God is not a distant. We tend to neglect His presence in what's happening in our world, even though the Bible clearly states that He "sees all mankind" and "watches all who live on earth" and "foils the plans of the nations" and "thwarts the purposes of all peoples." (Psalm 33) God watches world events far more closely than most people know.

We have seen the power of this virus as it affected the entire world, from economy to culture and society. People died, others are being treated. Millions are in quarantine and under observation. With this home quarantine, our responsibility as christians did not stop. Yes, we need to stay at home, and survive this pandemic by doing so.

Stay...
Holy (2 Cor. 7:1)
- Cleanliness keeps the virus away. On the same note, we stay clean and holy keeps the virus (sin) away. God made good promises for us, but being stained with sin would separate us from God and all His promises. So we must strive to stay holy, for our God is Holy.

Obedient (Mat. 22:36-40)
- Difficult situations always put our obedience to the test. It's difficult to love God and others if we are so focused on thinking about our own well-being. So how do we obey God in this home quarantine? Perhaps consider this, "social distancing and home quarantine is one of the best ways of showing your love to your neighbors right now"
- Stay home and be obedient.

Motivated (Romans 8:28)
- The Bible tells us to "cast our burdens on the Lord" and "not be anxious about anything", so "we do not lose heart". But our duty as christians does not end with just trusting in the Lord and knowing all His wonderful promises for us, it is also our responsibility to share that trust and motivation to other people by encouraging them as well.
- Stay home, stay motivated.

Efficient (Eph. 5:15-16)
- Staying home might mean being idle for most. But isn't this the best time to do the things that we failed to do during our busy schedules?
- Stay home and be efficient might mean spend more time with God, through prayers, devotions and in His words.
- Staying at home might mean an opportunity to talk to our loved ones about our relationship with God.
- Staying home might mean reaching out to friends whom we lost contact with and and just encourage them in this difficult situation.

It would be nice to survive this home quarantine with confidence that we have also survived our H.O.M.E. tasks as followers of Christ.

>>>>>>>>>>Life Group Discussion Questions:

1. What's your personal definition of home?
2/ Were there any gains for you staying at home during the quarantine?