Chapter 8

-Three Years Earlier-

"Did you do the chemistry homework?" I look up from my book as I see a smiling Kimmy approach me. Her full and fluffy dark brown curly hair was tugged back into a bun style and barely keeping together behind a hairband. Or were those two hair bands?

"Barely. I'm still stuck on a few questions." I mumble and shake my head as I close my book, after putting a bookmark in place of course.

"I seriously don't know why the hell the school system thinks that taking chemistry is necessary. I don't even want to be a chemistry major in college. What's the point?" Kimmy exaggerates as she plops down on the open bleacher spot next to me.

"You sound like such a teenager." I roll my eyes at her, and she nudges my arm with her hand. "What? It's not like that's an insult."

"You keep saying that, Milo." Kimmy retorts, and reaches for my bag, probably to dig out my chemistry homework so she can 'copy' some of my answers.

I just look back out on the football field, watching a few teams practice. Cheerleaders on the track, football team on the main field, and in the distance a marching band on the practice field. I saw the cross country team run off somewhere earlier.

My eyes gravitate towards a person who I don't want them to be on. Mr. Green Eyes. He wore the crimson colored jersey to represent our school, along with a silver helmet to protect his thick skull.

Why does a man like him need a helmet when his head is already big enough and saran wrapped by his ego?

I watch as he runs quickly, jumping to catch a ball, and passing it on to someone else. He's just practicing catches at the moment it seems.

I look away, already bored. I never understood football and definitely never will. Trust me, I've tried to understand it at least five different times. Why watch football when baseball is better anyways?

"Your answer to question 7 is wrong." Kimmy passes me back my chemistry homework paper, and I look it over as I see her writing things down on her paper in the corner of my eye.

"I'm not going to fix it. If I do it might be a little too suspicious to Mrs. Jamison that we copied off each other or something."

"Mrs. Jamison can go suck a dick." Kimmy groans. I just laugh, and this time it was my turn to nudge her in the arm.

"Gross. Don't make me imagine her doing that." I shudder.

"I just implanted that in your mind. You actually thinking and imagining it, however, is on you." She sticks her tongue out at me playfully, and I just let out a frustrated sigh, but don't argue.

She leans back and begins to look out at the field, watching the different teams, the faint sounds of instruments playing in the distance mingling with the hollers of the 'popular' boys on the football team.

I glanced back out for a moment, and unwillingly caught the green eyes in a gaze. I narrowed my eyes at him as he looked back at me, and finally I opened my book again and began reading it once more, breaking our staring match.

"I'm hungry." Kimmy chimes in after a while.

I just hum in response, and she dramatically flops into my lap, crushing my book from my view.

"Why do you feel the need to crash onto my lap like this?" I tilt my head at her, and she bats her eyelashes, giving me an innocent smile.

"I'm hungry and I want attention. Let's go get food." She says excitedly.

"I don't have any money with me."

"I'll pay for you."

"Kimmy." I narrow my eyes, knowing that someday she'll want me to pay her back for something.