Chapter 15 : The Fight Against Zarkon

(Y/N)'S POV

Today was the day. It was finally happening. The Paladins and the blades are in the bridge, discussing the plan. I am standing behind them listening quietly.

When they finish, Shiro comes up to me. He is going to lead Zarkon in with the black lion. "Be safe Shiro." I tell him.

Shiro nods, hugging me. "Don't worry (Y/n). I'll be back soon." I hug him back for a few seconds before he leaves.

After a while, Shiro speaks through the coms. "Zarkon took the bait. He's got my location. Is everybody in position?" He asks.

"We've not yet heard from Thace. He was supposed to contact us two vargas ago." Kolivan replies.

"He could've been captured." Antok suggests. I cringe at the thought.

Kolivan steps forward. "Or killed. We need to abort the mission immediately." He says.

"Abort?" Allura cries, "No! We cannot back away now."

"The Blade of Marmora does not take chances. It's how we've survived for so long." Antok argues back.

Allura immediately retorts. "It's held you back. Your caution is the reason Zarkon is still in power."

"We would rather wait than jeopardize everything. Besides, it's too late to get someone else on the inside." Kolivan tells Allura.

"I'll do it." Keith steps forward, offering to go.

"What?" Allura and me both ask at the same time. I widen my eyes, looking at Keith. He looks at me briefly and smiles, before turning back to Kolivan.

"I'll sneak onto Zarkon's ship. I'm Galra, so I'll be able to interact with their technology. Pidge, you can rig up one of those pods with a cloaking device, right?" He says.

"Well, yeah." Pidge responds.

"Going onto Zarkon's ship is a suicide mission. I would never command someone so inexperienced to go on a mission so dangerous." Kolivan tells Keith. My heart sinks.

"No one's commanding me. I'm doing it." I flinch a Keith's tone. I didn't want him to go. I can't loose him. I think.

Everyone starts rushing around, getting ready fight Zarkon. I stare at the floor in front of me. Deep in thought I didn't realise Keith walking up to me. "(Y/n)..." He says softly.

I look up at him sadly. Most people have left the bridge. Now only remains Coran, facing away from us. Keith grabs my hand. "I'll be fine ok." My expression doesn't change so he adds, "You know you would do the same thing."

I narrow my eyes, tilting my head slightly. Thinking, I smirk slightly. "Your right. I would." I wrap my arms him and he returns the gesture. "But if you don't come back, I will find you and I will kill you." I tell him sternly.

He laughs pulling away. "Yes sir." He salutes. He squeezes my hand lightly, before leaving the room. I smile, before walking up next to Coran, looking out at the stars in front of us.

~ ~

The battle seemed to be going well. Keith has made it out of Zarkon's ship and was in his lion now. Thankfully.

Now Zarkon was out there in some kind of armour, fighting the Paladins. I stood next to Allura and Coran, crossing my fingers. Hoping that they we would come out on top. I hated being in the castle doing nothing. I had to find a way to do something.

A blast is shot at the Paladins from some kind of devise. My eyes widen, waiting for any of them to respond. "Paladins! Shiro! Can you hear me?" Allura asked through the coms. Come on. Keith, Shiro... I plead silently.

Finally someone replies. "Yes, Princess. We're alive." Shiro. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank the ancients!" Coran breathes. The Paladin and Allura continue talking trying to get the lions working again. My mind is focused on Zarkon and the ship.

Allura shoots at Zarkon, but soon we at shot back with a blast.

"(Y/n)! Allura!" Shiro calls, worried. "Everybody, listen. We have to fight. We have to channel all our energy. Visualize five becoming one. We have to focus everything we have into moving Voltron." Shiro tells the team motivating them to fight on.

I lift myself be onto my feet as Allura and Coran do the same. "Our power levels are decimated. Communications aren't working. We can't reach the paladins. I'm afraid we can't fight anymore." Coran tells us as the alarms blare.

"We cannot give up." Allura tells us.

"Did we win yet?" Slav asks. Huh. I almost forgot about the annoying guy, Shiro and Lance found in one of the Galra prisons. He had helped us make the large teludav used to get Zarkon here.

"Coran, you and Slav do what you can to get the Castle functioning again. Kolivan, can you get me to the komar?" Allura asks.

"It will be dangerous, but I know a way." Kolivan tells her.

"You, Antok and (Y/n), come with me." Allura says.

"Yes." I cheer quietly, ready to get into the action.

We follow Allura out of the bridge. To get to the Komar, the devise that shot at the Paladins before, we used small speeder machines, to fly across. I wore a helmet meaning I couldn't wear the signature goggle like head wear I usually would. Though I still kept the mask over my mouth.

In no time, we were in a hanger. In front of us stood Hagar and two druids. I drew out my blades smirking at them. Allura tensed. She charged right at Hagar. Ok, I wanted to do that, but ok.

I looked at Antok, who gave me a short nod. We both ran at one of the druids. Even with its strange Darth Sidious, zapping powers, it still struggles against us.

While Antok landed a blow to it, I looked briefly over at Kolivan and Allura. Kolivna was fighting the other Druid, while Allura faces of against Hagar. The witch looked in my direction and smirked. I raised my eyebrow, until a familiar pain, spiked up in my shoulder. I screamed, falling to my knees.

Turning my head, I see the Druid move away from Antok and aim some big powerful blast thing at me. A blur appears in front of me, as Antok jumps in the way. He screeches out as the blast hits him instead. "Antok!" I scream, as he falls limp to the ground.

Rage filling my body, I ignore the pain in my shoulder, launching at the Druid. My blades stabs through its chest and it falls to the ground. I turn around, though suddenly the pain in my shoulder become unbearable. I fall to the ground, clutching it.

Hagar appears in front of me and lifts me up. Though I barely notice as I begin to fade out of consciousness. My vision become blurry, but I can just make out, Allura raising to her feet. She spots me and yells out something but I can't hear what it is. Slowly, everything begins to fade away, and I am left in darkness.