The cup and The End

Chapter Twenty Five - The Cup 

Jack and Alexander continued along the halls of the "maze" and finally they came upon a voice. Jack looked at Alexander and gave him a nod saying; 'lets do this'. The two jumped out from the doorway and suddenly had a sword pressed against their throats. They looked up to come face to face with Arianna. She smiled.
"Oh, sorry boys, Im just so jumpy!"
She gave a little laugh and lowered her sword, leaning against the wall. 
"Arianna."
Alexander said.
"Yes?"
"Where are the others...?"
Arianna gave a smile and looked down. 
"They ambushed me and I got away. I don't know where they are now."
The lie flew out of her mouth easily and they boys bought it.
"Why would Ryan try to ambush you, Ari?"
Jack asked softly. Tears filled Arianna's eyes. She slid down to the floor her eyes empty as she whispered,
"He told me that I wasn't good enough and he wanted to break my heart."
Jack raised his brows then furrowed them. 
"What? Why? You're so kind, caring, sweet and of course really cheerful."
"Thanks Jack."
Arianna replied a sweet smile on her face.
"Take me with you will you?"
"Yes."
"No!"
The two boys answered, Alexander yelling no. Arianna looked at Alexander,
"W-w-w-why not?"
"I don't trust you."
"Oh, Alex... please, please trust me. I would really appreciate it."
Arianna smiled a sickly sweet smile and Jack helped her up.
Arianna led them her eyes turning a deep red. The two boys were playing with devil.

Ebony heard feet coming from behind her and turned around to see Arianna, Jack and Alexander. Ebony gasped.
"I thought you guys were here all along! I-i-i-i- I don't understand!"
Ebony exclaimed not noticing Arianna's eyes. The boys scanned the room their eyes resting on the immortal cup. The cup to win this all. To not be sent away as a human. Ebony followed his gaze and laughed,
"Yes, Ive found the cup. Now watch me win."
Ebony strode over towards the cup and stopped in her tracks then turned towards Arianna.
"You."
"Yes?"
"Theres something about you..."
Ebony looked up towards Ariannas red eyes and that was the last she saw.

The boys gasped and turned towards Arianna who had a bloody knife out.
"Sorry, boys. I have to win this one."
She shoved them aside and just about grabbed the handle then was pulled back by sharp teeth. She turned round and unsheathed her sword slashing furiously at the creatures face. Her heart was racing as she tried to kick it in the eye. Instead in exploded. The two boys watched in amazement at what the monster had become. It was the dragon holder. She smiled at the two who were utterly stunned and then her eyes turned black and she shouted at them;
"PICK UP YOUR SWORDS! ONLY ONE WILL MAKE IT!"
She exploded again into little shrewd and the guys looked at each other. 
Jack picked up his sword and Alexander picked up his daggers. The boys advanced and then Jack stopped.
"You win. I can't kill you."
Alexander looked at Jack and dropped his daggers.
"I can't either."
"I got an idea."

Jack lay laughing on the ground as Alexander laughed as well. Jack had tow daggers sticking out of him and Alexander had a sword. The two laughed. 

If killing their friends meant living then they didn't want to live, all this blood. the dragon holder wasn't as nice as people made her out to be. Life isn't black or white. In fact, it isn't even grey. 
Life is what you make it out to be, if you want to kill for yourself then so be it. But when you look deeper into the colours of the world all you will see is--light. The two friends went down together and were taken to the skies, people call their constellation; Ursa Major and minor. But really, those stars belong to Alexander and Jack. Arianna represents Queen Cassiopeia who was taken down by herself. Her own selfishness and evil that had stored up in her soul until her soul burst and was gone all together. Ryan represents Cygnus the swan, he never really was alone or accompanied and went down for his friends. I could go on and on. They all have a part to play in the sky as we have one on earth. 

​Live well, until your dreams become reality. 

The End