Ryan's Big Fat Lie

The group all stood outside in the burning heat. Kriss and Clark stood next to each other. Kriss was wearing her usual smirk and Clark was wearing his usual frown.
"We have called you here to say--we are getting married."
Kriss suddenly gave a huge smile as Clark gave everyone the news. She then looked at the group who was silent.
"So, what do think?"
"That-thats just so amazing!" Violet exclaimed happily.
Kriss nodded and clark looked at her his eyes shining with pride.
Juniper then let out a little giggle,
"Our dramatically romantic couple is back as well!"
She gave another laugh that sounded like bells ringing.
"Ryan and Arianna are back from the dead! Hahaha!"
"Wait-what?!"
Arianna exclaimed looking towards Juniper.
"You said you saved us!"
"I did."
Juniper cocked her head to the side like a puppy.
"But-but- so we are ghosts?!"
"No, no, just you."
"What?"
"You see, Ryan is already dead. He was dead since the your lakeside date."
"Wait-how do you?-"
"Everyone knows about your date."
"He was...d-d-d-"
Juniper sighed.
"Ryan... you didn't tell them...?"
​Ryan shifted a little bit and then sighed again.
"Spill."
Arianna demanded and Ryan nodded his head still hung.
"A couple thousand years ago it was after Arianna and my lakeside 'date' that I snuck into Junipers classroom and messed with time. I was thrown into the future where I watched Arianna laugh, and smile. She even got married and had a kid. Time went by fast and I died only to start my life again from the time I snuck into Junipers classroom. Again and again I tried to change my fate, but every single f***ing time I was destined to watch things that broke me into pieces."
Jenna then spoke up,
"Wait--so does that mean WE are re-living OUR lives again too?"
Ryan miserably shook his head.
"Its called a playback. Only your original self keeps your real soul. Right now you are dead. But you bode isn't, your mind and heart isn't actually dead, but your life is done and gone. You are not--YOU. You are your playback."
"So I'm like a corpse?"
"No Jenna, you are not a corpse your soul is done but I'm re-living again and again with your playbacks, at least thats what I understand, Jenna."
He stopped and then gave a little smile,
"Megan M. when she was alive, she came into the future and told me--go after Arianna if you love her, I did. I don't regret chasing an empty dream for the last thousands of years. I love watching her grow up to be even more beautiful then she is now, and seeing her son Jason grow up as well. I love watching Arianna live happy. I wouldn't switch places with her ever. Even when it pains me to see her happy with someone else... I still--"
Ryan swallowed back a sob. He turned to the group,
"I know how to finish the quest. I know how to help you--I know EVERYTHING."