The Quest [part 1]

Chapter Twenty - The Quest [part 1]

Ryan pulled a sword over his shoulder and in a quick move had it in its sheath. Arianna watched,
"So, its really true... You're not lying."
"Im sorry Arianna, We continue to know each other after this."
"How long?"
"Until you met your husband."
"Who is he."
"Don't worry, it doesn't matter."
Ryan turned away from her and looked over towards the massive gate the said;

Your Quest Awaits...

Quia superbi sunt fortes diligitis manere (be brave and proud for ones you love, latin)

Arianna looked at the back of his head. She then spoke.

“Why didn’t we end up together?”

“Im a f***ing bastard, thats why.”

“What did you do?”

Ryan turned around, his blue eyes were filled with tears, his golden hair was messy and not as bright anymore. He looked like a mess.

“Its not what I did. It was f***ing stupid argument, it went too far.”

He looked right at her,

“Look at me, Im a wreck.”

Arianna walked up to him and placed her chin on his shoulder.

“And I love you.”

“You can’t. Thats not the way the dragon holder wants it.”

“Ryan, did you know, fate is only what we make her out to be. She’s only in our dreams we have control over who she is, what she is like and what she wants life to be.”

Arianna paused.

“You-you said my soul is gone. It is done and I’m a playback but—my should isn’t gone! I am me! You just want to tell yourself you can’t change fate. The thing is, I believe I can.”

Arianna then got onto her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. Ryan put his arms around her and kissed her back. Pulling away he gave a weak smirk,

“Ive had this ending before. Normally you’d say ‘Im sorry, I didn’t want you to end as a wreck. Im so, so sorry.’ Do you really think you can save me?”

“You saved me, why the f*** not?”

He smiled and pulled her closer. This time Arianna would save him, he knew it.

Kyara stood in front of the gates and watched Ryan and Arianna show disturbing PDA. Seriously, did they have to kiss right now? Get a room you two. Kyara thought and then looked back up towards the gate. 

It made her dizzy just to think of what could be behind it. Anything could happen, she just HAD to finish the quest and keep her powers. 

As much as she hated it, she trusted Ryan to lead everyone through the maze.

“Kyara.”

It was violet who called her name. Violet gave a warm smile hiding the cold dark and evil frown underneath. 

Kyara smiled back at Violet not sensing her frown, just seeing the smile.

“Are you scared?”

Violet asked simply and unsheathed her dagger.

“Naturally.”

Kyara replied eyeing the dagger. Violet then gave an evil smile.

“Then be a bit more scared, because I’m coming to kill you first.”

With that Violet walked away away leaving Kyara shaking like a leaf.

Alexander stood at the gates open mouth. He looked upon it with Ebony by his side,

“That, that up there says Be brave and proud for ones you love, in latin.” 

She smiled and then whispered,

“Im so super ready for this! I mean, we’ve just begun!”

Ebony looked towards the gate and grinned, she was ready for this! 

Alexander frowned at Ebony,

“Don’t you get it?! This is our life changing moment! From now on we are either powerful or powerless! And you are just STANDING there!”

Ebony raised an eyebrow.

“I would be mean to you except its be nice to future humans week.”

Alexander fumed and balled his fists