Maze of Promises

Dedicated to: neownx for loving Ryan so much, lol.

Jenna looked towards Arianna as she got up ready to start the strategy class and winced. She would help Ryan for now... he seemed generally sweet towards Ari. Jenna phased thinking about her choice. She looked down towards her feet as Arianna gave her a little wave to motion for her to come with her as they were both in strategy and Jenna followed along her mind whirling. She bit her lip.
Ebony gave a tiny gasp at the maze Kriss had set up. He heart was racing as she gave a smile on the inside but glared at the other players on the outside. She was so ready to bring them down!
"You will be working together. This is a team challenge... don't f*** it up for your teammates." Kriss gave a cruel smile at Ebony who now had goosebumps up her arms. She wasn't ready to do a TEAM challenge! She wasn't ready at all. She put up her hand to object but Kriss just laughed.
"Learn to trust Ebony Williams... it will help in dark times." Then Kriss said the evil words that made her statement oh so true,
"I promise."
Jenna took Ariannas hand and they stared up at the maze. Ebony was trailing behind them still as cold and untrusting as ever... just a little startled.
The beautiful maze loomed in the shadows. Mist or fog was surrounding the maze. Each little vine was furled up with another. A dim light shone from the maze and a white beam came from the middle of the maze.
"You will get to the middle... and you have to make it with your WHOLE team intact. Promise me."
Arianna and Jenna quickly promised, Ebony froze. She didn't make promises...
"I-- I will get to the middle I promise." Ebony said defiantly. Kriss gave a laugh.
"I didn't ask you to promise me that, Ebony." Ebony kept quiet her eyes scanning the ground.
"Promise."
Ebony shuddered than whispered "I promise." She crossed her fingers behind her back.
Kriss looked towards Ebony. Their eyes met. Kriss gave a curt nod showing she knew Ebony had crossed her fingers. Kriss gave a bark of laughter,
"you Promised!"

Arianna pulled out the map Kriss had given her.
"Look at this! The walls are ever shifting!" Arianna exclaimed.
Jenna nodded looking a bit uneasy.
"Look! There is the core! The middle!" Arianna turned towards Ebony to see what she thought and the girls froze. Ebony was no where to be seen. Arianna gave a gulp,
"There are monsters in this maze." Jenna froze swell then whispered,
"Sh*t."

George looked back and forth then got up and ran towards Vivi. Vivi was lying dismantled on the floor. Her eyes were rolled up into her head and arms were twisted in a way that they should not be twisted.
George grunted and lifted her onto his back.
"Ugh..." George grunted. A normal human is heavy enough, Vivi was just dead weight. George then pulled her towards the nurses room and the nurse gave a smile,
"What a courageous young man..." She whispered then fell silent as Clark snuck up behind George.
"What are you doing?"
"Um..."
"What are you doing?!"
"Im helping a girl!"
"A lover?"
"No!"
"Then what are you doing here?!"
"A lover!"
Clark gave a smile having won.
"Good. Hurry along fast."
With that Clark left.

Ebony gave a grin. The stupid girls. She could SEE the middle. She could feel the power around her.
She gave a smile and closed her eyes.
Grrr....
Ebony whipped around her daggers ready for anything until her jaw dropped as she watched the huge monster come towards her. The real version of the Gretchentelli stood right in front of her its bright eyes glowing.

"There! See here, thats the core... And THIS is where WE are." Arianna gave Jenna a pull as they ran through the maze. Jenna had her bow out ready to attack anyone who attacked them. She raced along Ari who was holding the map all excited.
"We are here!"
Infront of them was a beautiful source of white light the girls stood in aw until they heard a scream.
The scream of Ebony Williams.