33:00 When Cherubims Run Out Of Water

WHEN CHERUBIMS RUN OUT OF WATER

Dear Diary,

I headed out the party as soon as seeing his face filled me with content. I can't fathom how he looked good in his suit, but at the same time looking all stupid in his stool gulping liquor. Uminit yung pisngi ko hindi dahil nag-gwapuhan ako sa kanya, kundi dahil masyado siyang tanga tingnan. Yun yon. Also, was he acting cute? It ain't looking good at all.

I thought about the corpse of Esquivel as I headed towards the Presidential suite of this hotel, at the same time thinking about going back in PH. Kelan ba uuwi ang kulugo? Isasabay ko nalang ang flight sched naming dalawa, I don't wanna leave early yet, leaving him. He might do stupid things fools only do, and I might not be there, I fear.

I remembered opening the door of the room, before someone grabbed me by my arm. Nawala ako sa sarili nang panandalian, yet someone grabbed me out from nowhere. My reflexes were almost ready to twist his bone but instantly stopped the moment I turned to face him.

It was at that moment I knew I had to do curtsy that I once promised I would never going to do again. Because I thought I would never see him again. Ah right, he was invited at the party. Why did Novano even let this guy in?

"Your majesty, long time no see."

Prince Josef looked at me dearly and it almost convinced me that he missed me. Only if I had not been nostalgic about the truth. I put that slight smirk at the corner of my lips to insult him in the least possible way I can, since I cannot trash talk this guy. And it was at that moment I knew I would never forget the things he said.

It didn't matter anymore, but I wondered, could it have been if we were on the right track, and things are different, it is possible for us two.

How pathetic Josef, for coming and running onto me when long ago you traded me for your country. You even whined to me about the unbearable weight of your crown. Hindi mo nga makayanan ang bigat ng koronang patong sa ulo mo. Where does that audacity come from you just now?

Saan mo nahugot yon?

-J.

--

Callie Cesaro stared blankly at the red rusty gate in front of her. Naka bandage ang kabilang braso, tinitigan niya ang labas ng bahay niya.

It was oddly silent around, kahit na mga katabing kabahayan niya'y tahimik, at pakiramdam niya'y nakakapanibago. She was just two days at the hospital because she insisted to come home already but she doesn't know, the atmosphere felt so silent, and lonely. Na parang nay kung ano'ng kulang.

Her house's door is closed, and by that she realized one thing; Ales left.

He never hinted her that he will be gone and she did not know about it. He never gave any clue about it. He did not visit her at the hospital, maybe because he did not know what happened, but she did not expect that he will leave this early. She rushed to come here because she thought he was waiting for her. Pero mukhang nabahala siya para sa wala.

Is it for good?

Hindi na ba ito babalik?

She hears her breath so she decided to wipe the thoughts out her mind, saka tahimik na pumasok ng bahay niya.

--

Sa pamamagitan ng pagsabunot sa buhok nito, Fara Quijor managed to drag the woman's corpse in her backyard. Another deep pit is dug beside number 3, and after moments, she mercilessly kicked the corpse's flank down the deep pit.