Puppet On A String

Start from the beginning

I swallowed in the silence and my mouth dried.

"Four... " I began, but I didn't actually know what to say as I furrowed my brows and curled my hands over my stomach in a new habit.

"You can tell me," He said under his breath, looking over and into my eyes with a friendly warmth. "I'll always keep your secrets."

My shoulders slumped and the compassion inside grew a new leaf in my heart. It's the look that he gave to me. Those pale blue eyes, which probed into my soul, desperately wanting to see what's going on in there, lead me into the belief of his words; and I knew no matter what, Four would keep my secret—even if the Supreme Leader had just found out about his own days ago.

"It's hard," I whispered between the two of us, "But yes. Its nice in the end, when there's no prying eyes around... when it's only he and I, like it should be."

He walked by my side, listening to my words and his wonder burnt stronger than any pain that has corroded my heart like vultures pecking at it.
The First Order are those vultures, who circled dark clouds above us constantly. I felt as if they are awaiting for the very moment to strike—the moment like when they would find out just how much Kylo and I loved each other.

"That's all that matters then... those good moments."

In those blue eyes, I know he sees those vultures above my head too. His words have a tone of empathising as he continued, "I must say, I was surprised the other day when the Supreme Leader found out about Three and I... I can't imagine how much pain it caused you to know that our love is permitted, but yours is not."

I shake my head when he places a hand upon my shoulder and huff a tired laugh, though it's not from joy but rather tire of all this chaos burning before me. Though, Four isn't here to judge like most would but rather always here to to help, he still didn't quite understand the consequences or the underlining remark Snoke said beneath his offer.

"Four. You have to understand that nothing is ever permitted here," I explained, my heart jolting against my ribcage when he furrowed his brows at me in question, "Snoke... he's a game-player. Everything to him, is a game. I don't believe that he would ever let one love so freely without something in return."

He shook his head, face scrunching in confusion at my words, not quite understanding where I was going with this warning. "Something in return? Like what?"

I sigh, "I don't know. I just know we cannot trust him. Though, maybe his only reasoning to do that was to hurt me?"

He gulped.

"Maybe." Four breathed and I turn to him once more, before letting my gaze fall on the overwhelming white halls we walk around.

"Just... be careful." I warned him, "If Three ever comes here, you must still be fearful of the possibility of Snoke tearing you apart if he thinks you two are too... intimate beyond her purpose."

Just like Kylo and I. I added in my own head.

Though, it pained me to tell him this, I knew it was for the best. He loved Three, just as much as I loved Kylo Ren—and it would kill me to be torn away from the one I thought I loved so easily—so ruthlessly—as if I was a clingy rag doll to a child.

Four nodded and pursed his lips, he understood.

Walking side by side, we allow our warm hearts to be curious regarding how to cure the cruelty of the home it lives, but our minds acknowledge the fact that we could never fix a brutal Empire that lead us like puppets on a string.

He sighs and raises the book in front of my face once more, letting go of the subject and remembering his duties. "Well, I guess I better go and get back into it." He mumbles, already fretting the moment when he will have to read the multiple, boring pages within that binder. He turned on his heal and began walking backwards, waving the hefty novel in the air and groaning.