Ch.19-Our Blood is Salvation

Edan let out a gasp of pain as he was flung off from the demon, letting out another gasp as one of the demon's hands raised to slice into Edan. The attack was quickly halted by Talon sliding under and making an "X" with his arms to hold the claws back for Edan to scurry out from underneath. Nash made a move to come forward to retaliate but the demon hand pulled its leg off from Talon and swiped at him, Nash blocking the swipe with his bat. The demon's jaw was still broken and it made Viper question from the side about why it wasn't healing as fast as most Specters could. If only he could see over the crystals..

A scream left Edan as the demon turned and one of its mandibles punctured into his side, making Nash and Talon freeze for a minute. That minute let the large armored tail swing and smack Nash and Talon to the ground while the demon threw Edan off its mandible. Viper tensed and watched as his lover was flung into the crystal and blood splattered against the orange rock and then pooled around Edan as he fell to the ground. Aya had to grab Viper's arm to prevent him from running forward and quickly said. "Edan knows his limits, he'll let us know when he needs to tag out."

But something felt different this time, it was as if everyone could hear each other's heart beats, even Jeff from the other side of the crystal wall. Something was triggering their Killer Instinct. Malik knew this feeling, he had never used his killer instinct before but knew how it was supposed to feel. Looking up he grinned as he saw Kishar above them with Laila on her back, but he said nothing and looked back to the fight. "You guys aren't going to let this demon bully you right?"

That was like a whip on the back as Talon was the first to strike, grabbing the mandibles once again and shouted angrily at the demon, violently twisting its head side to side to try and break something from the beast. Nash got up once more and used the bat as a pole and vaulted on top of the demon, leaving the bat on the ground as he took a firecracker from his pocket and a lighter from the other. The monster continued to struggle to knock the boy off and remove the grip that the under realm boy had, but Talon continued to hold on and dug his feet onto the ground.

Blood began to seep between the mandibles and Talon's hands, but he didn't have to hold on much longer as Nash lit the firecracker and reached down, shoving the firework into the broken jaw before retracting his hand and wrapping himself around the demons head to hold the jaw shut. Talon then let go and the demon began to buck and jump around to shake Nash off, but the boy was stubborn and continued holding on despite the pain from his hands scraping against the monster's teeth and armor. Edan slowly moved onto his feet and held his side, calculating his time before running to the frantic demon and diving at its legs, managing to grab one of the front legs and make the beast look at him and by that one action it was too late. The firecracker exploded and Nash let go, he was used to burns as it was and the demon opened its mouth and let out a thunderous roar that had the kids covering their ears. The inside of the mouth had been charred and it was bleeding heavily from its mouth, its eyes narrowed and Edan could tell it was done playing around. He moved to get off but the demon had bit into Edan's shoulder and flung him into Nash, making the boys skid across the floor, and his tail swung, hitting and pinning Talon into the crystal wall.

Cherry flinched, feeling annoyed she couldn't jump in, glancing at her brother to see if he was feeling antsy. To her surprise he looked calm, he was observing, but he was far from annoyed or antsy. Despite her being the more unpredictable one, CP's were often caught off guard when they found out she had Jeff's temper and Malik had LJ's patient view. She forced herself to relax, watching with dismay as Edan carefully stood and Nash ran forward, picking up the bat he had discarded before. The demon had moved just in time that his tail swung at Nash right as Nash had curved his bat to hit the tail, the armored tail and wooden bat met, but the bat cracked and splintered as it broke in half. Nearly losing his footing, Nash was in awe at the strength but that awe turned to panic as the beast lunged at him, only to be stopped as it was dragged back with Talon's strength as the teen pulled the beast back by the tail. It swiveled and roared as it moved to bite into Talon, and it had succeeded biting into his arm, but Talon retaliated by ripping the scalpel that was abandoned earlier in the monster's neck and stabbing it into the first right eye of the beast. It unlatched its teeth from his arm and Talon stepped back as it growled and shook its head to get the scalpel out.