Ch.1-The Golden Spade

"You called for me Slender?" Mara questioned, Lorien wrapped around her neck to rest.

"Yes, I need your opinion on something." Slender replied as he looked up from a paper in his hand. "The Council sent a letter saying that they need someone to use the Diamond of future to check something out. Something seems off to them."

"The diamond? They want someone to go into the future? Why?" Mara asked with a worried expression. "Are we going to be terminated?"

"I don't think it's anything like that." Slender shook his head and handed her the letter. "Also..how did the experiment go?"

Mara's cheeks flushed red and hid behind the paper. "Um..good.."

"Was it successful?"

"I...plan to tell Lou tonight." Mara smiled. "Although..it so far is only proven for a girl..Back to the letter..do you want me to talk to them first?"

"No, I already spoke with them yesterday. They say that something big is going to happen and want to see how it will affect the future. But they don't want you to go." Slender replied.

"Then..who do they want to send?"

"Jeff, since he already has done this before." Slender shrugged. "What are your thoughts?"

"Uh..great killer. But he doesn't really think ahead before he speaks. Are you sure you want to send him? Besides, you know he won't want to do it."

"Well since he'll be going into the future he can't affect the past, and by looking into the future perhaps he can find out what has the Council so unsettled."

"Since you put it that way...I guess it makes sense. But how are you going to ask him to do this?" Mara crossed her arms, knowing how stubborn Jeff is.

"That's why you're going to convince him."

"What? Are you fucking kidding me?!" Mara snapped back, the shout making Lorien jump off and flap his wings rapidly as he gathered his surroundings. "You can't just expect him to listen to me!"

"You two are close, you are practically friends with everyone." Slender responded. "I'm sure you can find a way to convince him."

Mara rolled her eyes. "fine..I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you, and..congratulations." Slender nodded a little.

She gave a small smile before walking out of the office to find Jeff, watching with glee as she passed several CP's that were enjoying the night, and Lorien purred before flying off. Seeing LJ with Candypop she stopped in front of them. "Jack? Have you seen Jeff?"

LJ looked at Mara with a chuckle. "Jeff is out right now, said something along the lines of "I have some people's lives to fuck over," or something like that. He should be back soon."

"Oh, well when he is back can you tell him I need to speak with him?"

"Sure! Oh! Also Lou was looking for you." LJ chuckled and winked at her. "He's upstairs~"

Mara's face flushed again as she walked upstairs, using her wings to hide her face. Everyone knew they were together but due to her "testing" both her and Lou were teased restlessly for their activities. She arrived at their shared room and knocked before opening the door and seeing Lou laying on the bed with his mask off and reading a book. He glanced over to her with a smile and sat up. "Hey babe."

"What's up love?" Mara asked as she stepped closer and let him wrap his arms around her waist as she stood by the bed and he turned to have her between his legs.

"Just missed you~" Lou muttered as he pressed his face to her stomach.

"You sleep with me almost every night Lou." Mara giggled as she pet his head.