Chapter 39 - 3 More Days Left

Patton's P.O.V

16/06/20

The wind blew through the trees green leaves. I felt the summer breeze press against my face with it's warm finger tips. My hair flew as I basked in the beauty of the the bright sun above me. It's insecurities were hidden away way with the clouds, exposing its gorgeous shine.

I took in every moment of the day I could.

Every moment of the blessed day that I saw outside the car window.

"Patton, put your head back in the car, don't want to be chopped off," I chuckled at what she said as I did it, my hair settled down unlike when the winds fingers were going through it.

"I don't think Logan wants to see a headless Patt," She told me as she honked at the person in front of us.

The coldness of the hospital was a shadow of the beautiful day as I stood in the shadows, shadow.

My mother patted my shoulder, "I'll pick you up in and hours or two okay?"

"Okay," She slid back in the car as it started up again before leaving a trail of smoke behind her old car.

I stared at the window of Logan's room, the cold, see-through glass made me squint to see.

Tap tap tap.

My footstep tapped as I walked along the marble floor to the ward where he was.

I didn't tell him I'd be here today.

"Hey Logan," I greeted him as he looked at me in surprise before pointing to the empty seat beside his hospital bed.

"Hello Patton," He had a small smile printed across his face as the window behind him shone no light.

The white lights didn't flicker as we spoke about anything, about everything. About friends, about family. About school, about home. About the weather, about the cold. About the warm, about the dark.

How could we just forget what happened between us?

How can we pretend it never happened?

"Logan?" He shakingly poured himself a drink before offering the cup to me.

I took a sip from the cup, "Yes Patton? What is it?" He asked me. The white lights reflecting off of his warmer eyes.

"Can we talk about something?" I placed the cup on the floor next to me before continuing to gaze outside of the window at where the sun could reach.

"Sure,"

"About...us?" He looked at me with his eyebrows raise and mouth barely ajar.

"Al-alright...what about us?" His words barely formed but managed to.

I began picking at the scratch Virgil's cat, Stormy, gave me when I began tickling her, "How can we just ignore that we happened?"

He began looking through the same window I was, "I didn't think you wanted to think about it...so I just continued like normal...the way it ended...I didn't think you wanted reminding of it..."

I recalled the day it ended.

14 Unread Messages

Logan 💕 - Patton.

Patton💙 - yeah Logan, what cha doing up so late?

Logan💕 - I wanted to talk to you about something important.

Patton💙 - sure what is it Logie?

Logan💕 - I think it would be benifical for us to discontinue our romantic relationship.

Patton💙 - what

Logan💕 - I would like to 'break up' with you.

Patton💙 - i almost lost you now im losing you

Logan💕 - Patton, are you alright?

Patton💙 - gotta go my mum is calling me.

Logan💕 - But it is 3 am

Logan💕 - Patton?

Logan💕 - Are you there?

Logan💕 - Patton?

Deceit💛 - Not cool Logan

Logan💕 - I thought it would be benifical for that to happen. A romantic relationship wouldn't work like this. Or at least I've read about it.

Deceit💛 - Try talking to him in person rather than braking his heart over text. Bye Logan. I'm going back to sleep.

Logan💕 - Goodnight.

He never did talk to me about it.

We just....ignored our problems.

"I know...I wouldn't want to do that to someone either..." I began, "But we can't just ignore it, didn't you say repression is bad?"

He smiled foundly as I brought up that day, "Yes, yes I did,"

I was laying in bed.

My hair was a mess.

Riiiiiiiiiiiing

I saw the contect name: Logan💕

"Hey Logie..." I croaked sadly.

"I wanted to see how you were doing my love," I heard his voice from the other side of the line as my heart was set a flutter.

But I couldn't tell him, "I'm alright Logie!" I attempted to reply with my usual enthusiasm.

"Patton? Are you sure?" His voice sounded barely concerned but I could hear it.

"Yeah!-" My voice broke as a tear dripped onto the screen of my phone.

"Patton...my love, repression will hurt you....tell me darling," He insisted to me.

"I'm just....th-thinking too mu-uch...nothing t-to worry ab-about Log-gie!" I heard him breathe out.

"If it upsets you then it's something I worry about," He declared softly.

"Just ta-talking to y-you makes m-me feel a bit be-better,"

"Things can't just go back to normal, I know you probaly regret it," I saw his face turn to mine quickly.

"I never have," His voice sounded the same as that day, it could almost bring me to tears like back then.

"Patton, it's time to go," My mother called for me.

I waved my ex goodbye as a single trail of wetness slid down my cheek.

I'm so glad we spoke today.

End Of Chapter. 934 Words