Chapter 38 - Where Will I Live?

Janus' P.O.V
Swearing

We were in the car.

The agonisingly long journey was one we took often for Logan.

"So Jan, where will you live..?" Remus' voice was calm and quiet as trying to not step on broken glass. The broken glass being my broken heart.

I appreciate the effort from him, he really is a good person if you get to know him. People just don't really see that side of him, luckily we're both weirdo's with shit lives.

"I..." I began my sentence. Where was I going to live? I wasn't going to go with Lo and my aunt, I want them to get back on their feet first, "I...don't know..."

He hummed slightly as I saw Christine's ear twitch slightly.

"We could give you a place to stay," Christine, Remus' mother offered to me.

I wasn't expecting that.

"What's wrong kiddo?" I didn't realise the noise I made aloud at the suprise I felt tickling my spine cheerfully.

"I'd feel like I'd be replacing him...." I admitted aloud before my hands slammed themselves over my mouth.

I shouldn't have said that, how careless.

She hummed sadly like he son as she began twiddling her hair as we were at a red light, "Why does that matter? I want to help..." Her voice sounded the same as Patton's when he and Logan broke up. But it was...

I couldn't even describe it at this point.

"Mom..." Remus lent over to the front seat as he faced his mother, "It's okay...we all miss him....it's...it-it's alrigh-right,"

He choked slightly as he sat back down in his seat when we started moving again.

"I'm sorry..." I apologised, "I overstepped a line..."

"No no no...it's alright, you could never replace him..." She sighed heavily, "No one could... he and Rem mean so much to me...even if they aren't mine," a long breath of relief could be heard from the front seat.

"HEY SLOGAN!" Remus yelled loudly before we were told to be quiet by the other patients and visitors in the hospital.

"Hello Remus and Janus," Logan was currently sitting up by himself, he seems to have gained some more strength from yesterday. Thank god he's revovering quickly.

"How are you Lo?" I asked the boy in front of me.

His hair was still messy but he seemed to have a hair cut from some of it being burnt, he actually looks like a teenager apart from the many burns along his body. The ones on his arms seemed to healing well, although...the nasty burn along the left side of his face seemed to have not changed at all. What if it never heals?

"Hey look!" Remus began pointing to the left side side of both mine and Logan's faces, "Matching!"

I began sinking back into my turtle neck before I heard a joyous chuckle from the once humorless boy in the hospital.

"Twinies!" He began celebrating the discovery he had made.

Soon we had to leave.

"Remus, Janus come over to me, please," he gestured for us to come closer.

I felt two long arms wrap around me as I saw Remus was as well.

"Thank you," He said before letting us go. He was so warm unlike before. He was so so warm now.

"No problem," My face felt wetter as I knew I'd remember this for the rest of my life.

He was so warm.

So so warm.

I'm so happy.

"Janus? You okay?" My best friend rubbed my tears away with tissues next to Logan's bed.

"Yeah, I'm just so happy," I admitted. I saw the warm boy smile at us before we waved him good bye.

We sat in the car once again.

My hands shook in front of me as water splashed onto them, "He was so warm Remus..."

I felt a weightless weight on my shoulder, "I know..."

We fell into each others embrace.

He was so warm.

They were so warm.

I'm so glad.

End Of Chapter. 685 Words.
This was a short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it!