Chapter 24 - At The Hospital, Part 2

Janus's P.O.V

Beep
Beep
Beep

Beep
Beep
Beep

Beep
Beep
Beep

The heart monitor was driving me crazy. But it meant they were alive didn't it? It meant they were going to be okay. It meant they'd be fine.

I looked down at their faces.

Burnt like a roast. Their flesh was wrinkled and sweaty and their hair was black and grey like ashes.

I held my mother's hand gently to not disturb her much needed rest. I love her so much, she's a great mother. But...I could have lost her.

What would I have done then?

But it's undeniable.

They were in our house.

They couldn't get out.

And they could have died.

I would be all alone for real.

We only had one fatality. My poor snake. He was my only friend at one time. My best friend. He was always there and was always looked after.

I miss him.

I miss him a lot.

But I'm glad everyone else is alright. Hopefully.

"Excuse me, sir," Another nurse, "Do you have anywhere else to go?"

Beep.
Beep.
Beep.

"I don't know,"

Patton must be worried. I left him after that. I didn't tell him anything.

I placed my mother hand back onto her chest and left the hospital.

There was no signal.

As I left the hospital I let a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I inhaled the fresh, cold air into my lungs. I felt the sense of relief as I breathed. In, out. In, out.

I called him.

"Umm, Patton..?" My hands shook and so did my voice as I recalled yesterday's events.

"Janus! Are you alright? Did something happen?"

I could only stare at it.

"I-I'll te-tell you l-lat-later,"

All I needed was to hear his voice.

I ended the call and I would allow my tears to freely flow.

"JANUS! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" I heard him panting for breath as he spoke.

"I'm doing okay, um Patton can I ask you something..?"

"Sure, what is it Jan?" He finally caught his breath after running after it.

"Can I stay at your house, something happened at mine..?" I don't want to tell him like this.

"Yeah absolutely, do you need to be picked up? Where are you?" He asked frantically.

"Yeah, and I'm at the hospital, you know, the big one Logan was at last time,"

"Yeah," Everything was muffled as he probably put his hand on his phone, "HEY MOM! JANUS'S COMING OVER SOMETHING HAPPENED!"

"YEAH PATTY, DOES HE NEED PICKING UP?"

"YEAH, HE'S AT THE HOSPITAL! YOU KNOW THE ONE LOGAN WAS AT!"

"OKAY PATTY, LET'S GET READY TO GO!"

Everything sounded clearer as he said, "I'm gonna have to hang up but we'll be there soon!"

"Bye Patton," He hung up and I sat on a bench outside as I waited.

End Of Chapter. Sorry for not posting for a while and for the short chapter. 495 words.