Chapter 20 - What?!

Janus's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes and came to my senses of what just happened right then.

Patton kissed me.

Patton kissed me?

Patton kissed me!

"Sorry about that," Patton apologised to me, "I bet that made you uncomfortable Jan,"

"No-" I was interrupted by a text from my mother. She was probaly angry. We lost track of time and now she'll be coming for our heads, "Sorry, I got to call my mum,"

I went into the bathroom to called my mother to tell her where I was and for her to relax and just pick me up calmly.

"Sorry about that, my mother was worried about where I was because I wasn't at school," What will happen between me and Patton? Will it be awkward?

"It's fine," Patton kissed my cheek gently, "You need to go, sorry for making you late back to school and making your mum worry about you,"

"Th-thanks," I heard my mother's car approach the driveway, my cue to leave.

I left to go back home and sat in my room for a while.

I had to process what happened earlier. Did he like me, or did he know I liked him? Is he toying with me? Does he pity me? Was it a mistake to just leave it like that?

Oh god.

Was it a mistake?

My heart was beating as if I was running a marathon and my breathing quickened. My hand were shaking as it faded in and out of focus every second.

My head hurt as my hair tugged to the ground with my clamy hands appreheding it tightly. The room was spinning and spinning around me, the walls tanting my vulrablity.

Everything stared at me with cruel eyes and a terrifying gaze.

Sight.

The wardrobe.

The carpet.

My jeans.

My walls.

My snake.

Now, touch.

My jean.

My bed sheets.

My shirt.

The floor.

Now hearing.

The kettle.

My breathing.

The wind in the trees.

Now smell.

The snake cage.

My room.

Now taste.

Brownies.

I began breathing normally again.

I needed to talk to him. Not physically. Over text would be the best thing right now for me.

I turned on my phone with my shakey figure as I pulled up messages, Patton and I's messages.

Patton: I'm sory about earlier, I should have asked.

Patton: I'm sorry if you don't wanna be friends with me anymore because of that.

Patton: Please text me back when you can or want to.

Patton: If you don't, I understand.