Chapter 26 - Everything Else...

Patton's P.O.V

"Heyyyyyy babes," Remy strolled over with Loki to the group of me, Janus, Remus and Emile. They always took the longest but I didn't mind, except it was a bit nippy today and I forgot my coat at home even though mymum told me to put it on.

Loki's eyes scanned the group back and forth for a small while with a slightly confused look on his face, "Where's the nerd?"

I stared at my feet. Loki always reminded me of Roman with his little nicknames for everyone. But 'nerd' is what he always used to call Logan. And neither of them were here right now, and Roman would never come back.

I felt a warm weight on my shoulder and looked up, it was Janus. He stared at me with his beauty filled eyes. The natural life of the green and brown made my head feel lighter.

"He's sick," Janus lied to Loki.

He lied.

We all went inside and did what we normally did, but that was always lurking in the shadows of my mind like a parasite. I couldn't shake it away. The thought of it made me sick to my stomach. Why did he do that for me.

~~~At Home~~~

We were sitting in a seemly comfortable silence as we worked on what we needed.

I heard Janus putting his work down and he stood up and said "I'm going to take a shower,"

Do I talk to him afterwards?

I heard my own footsteps moving forwards.

I saw my body following it.

My arm moved up to his.

And my mouth spoke, "Janus..."

"Yeah Patty?"

"Can we talk..." My hand rested, but also gripping his sleeve. I didn't want him to leave yet. "...About what happened this morning?"

He turned to me with sympathy scarring his eyes. "I'm so sorry about that Patty,"

His hands held mine as they detensed and relaxed unlike my mind.

"I thought...I thought you wouldn't feel comfortable with me telling them about him..." I understood how he felt but...

"HE'S YOUR FAMILY JANUS...It-it doesn't matter how I feel, it's how you feel..." My cheeks were no longer dry as I shook his hand away, now gripping on my own clothes.

My eyes widened as I suddenly felt his warmth wrapped around me, "Of course it matters...you were uncomfortable, I didn't want you to feel sad,"

"Th-Thank...Thank you Janus..." My muscles moved again as we stood there in each other arms for a while.

"Alright," He patted my shoulders as the embrace stopped, "I gotta take a shower, do your work, I know you haven't finished it,"

I lightly chuckled at him as we both went back to what we needed to do.

I know it was for me, I know he cares. But...

It sounded so real to me. He could just lie like that. I knew he could do it. But...

It being like that...it terrified me...

End Of Chapter. 502 Words.