Chapter 1- Unpleasant to hear

Ida's POV

The drama queen of my life, came and sat next to me.

She was blushing, oh! How much I wish to snatch those blushing cheeks off her and exchange them with mine.

"So, I w-wanted to tell you t-that-t-t..." Angelin shuddered.

"Come on, Engine spill the beans. We've been best friends since primary, and you have never hesitated to tell me anything," I was curiously waiting, trying to figure out what she wanted to tell.

Angelin has indeed been my best friend since primary.

We had come up with a pet name for her- Engine, and since then, that's what we call her.

There was no such select reason that we called her 'Engine' unlike how we call Steve, one of our classmates' Stew' because a stew may include meat, notably tougher meat, and he was definitely one - tough meat.

To add, he was also called the joker of our class.

Those days I sigh internally.

"I am dating!" she stated in a hurry.
"You are dating?" I asked in disbelief.

"Y-Yes,"

"Ohh my gosh girl! OMG, my ears are blessed," I squeaked.
My forever single friend finally said she is dating. I have to know who this blessed guy is to have my charming girl's attention?!

"Who's he? What's his name? Which class is he in? Come on, don't make me wait," I rushed.
"He's in this class," she gave hints.
I took my time to scan the classroom and then make wild guesses.

It was break time, so everyone was either busy chatting, eating, or were not present in the class. But my girl just started dating. So, obviously the guy should be in class at the moment too.

It would be rude not to, and I would kick his ass for it.

After I got rejected on the names guessed, I observed that a few guys were staring at either me or Engine. One of them was Jack. He had and unusual habit of staring at people ...probably out of curiosity...right?

Anyways I am sure he is out of the list of possible candidates for my lady. The rest two, one was my crush - Ethan Pizer- I haven't told anyone about my feelings for him. The other was Aiden Luke - Ethan's good friend.

"Engine, is it Aiden?" I questioned. She nodded her head as to say 'no.'

"Ida ... it's E-Ethan ...Ethan Pizer," she stammered as she spoke.

My heart stood still. That is not happening, right?! My best friend is dating my crush?

This is too much for me to swallow. Why did the guy have to be him?

Life is so unfair

Tears blurred my eyes, but I was trying my best to control.
"Ida, are you okay?! Why are you crying?" Engine got up, confused.

For many here, I may be a little overdramatic.

I stood in silence unaware of what Angelin was asking until I heard Ethan

"Ida, what's up?"

I snapped back to reality, and gave them confused glances.

I pulled myself back, "I'm fine. Just caught off guard. By the way, Congrats Ethan, you got my girl!"

I was NOT FINE. I spent the last three lessons of the day in silence, absorbed in my thoughts.

At the gates, I heard a familiar noise calling out.

I looked over my shoulder at Angelin.

"Ida wait up, what's bothe-" but before she could complete, I interrupted.

"Angelin, since when have you been crushing on Ethan, how did it all start?" I asked deadpan.

"Well ...I had been crushing on him for the past few months. It all began when an old couple were shifting in an empty house opposite ours. He was just passing by till he noticed that the grandpa had slipped off the front door steps, and Ethan went up to help the gramps. But obviously, I had to give a helping hand since I witnessed everything....and after that, we have just been hanging around. But, the day before yesterday, when we accidentally met each other at the mall, he asked me out, and since I was already crushing on him, I said yes. I know you must be mad because I did not tell you anything about it... I just felt it was not important," she explained like she was reading it out from a book.

I smiled to put up a facade and not hurt my best-friend.

Since this was the case, I had only one option that was that I cover my feelings and let it gradually fade away... I mean... It's only a crush right? I shrug my shoulders, thinking it was a walk on the cake.

Angelin is the only thing that matters to me. If she is happy, I am happy too.

I went back home and smashed my face right into a pillow...

Ugh, This officially sucks!

I liked Ethan. Or atleast had a crush on him for years.

Angelin never knew that of course, or she would never date him.

Ethan was like my personal Bully. Things never got that far, and it was usually for fun. I would laugh along at times too.

But what was I thinking? It's Angelin's life. I have no right to tell her who to and who not to date.

×××

I woke up by a knock on my door.

"Ida?" Mom was stunned to look at my swollen eyes, "Oh sweety! What happened here?" She asked.

"N-nothing much Mom, j-just watched an emotional movie," I cried.

"Let me guess, the main character died."

"Yes," I chuckled and nodded.

I hated how things worked out, and I needed to cry. Because this was not only about today.

"Oh my baby, it's alright."

She gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead and said, "Angelin called. She's going for a movie, be ready at nine." she paused, "And don't cry your eyes out if it's another emotional movie, okay honey?"

"Look at you, I get so worried sometimes."

I gave her a reassuring smile.

A/N

The starting is a little clichè but trust me. This book is going in a whole new direction :))

Caught By My Predator✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें