Chapter 1: New beginnings

-Aron-

The person who first said when life gives you lemons, make lemonade obviously didn't have enough lemons thrown at them. High school has been quite the rollercoaster, but mostly downs for me. I was the captain of the freshman football team, and baseball team. I had decent grades and all the girls where by my side. But this summer my parent got into a divorce, and  I was forced to move across town with my dad, and I had to move to my rival school. But, I made varsity football, so that is great. 

The summer was full of packing, moving, unpacking, fast food, and football. But finally, it is the first day of school. My dad left early in the morning for work, so I'm left to make breakfast on my own, again. I quickly make toast and pack my things. I hop in my dads car that he hardly uses anymore. He rides to work with a coworker. I drive to school and park in my spot, number 31. 

Westmoore High School, the purple and silver snakes. Hawks are way cooler.  My old school's mascot was a hawk. I see some of my new football friends and I walk over. We walk in together, pick up our schedules and compare them. 

Silver day

Homeroom.          Mrs Lightheart

Spanish 3               Mr Rodreguez

AP Biology.            Mrs. Devero               

Personal Fitness  Mr Short

Purple day

Homeroom.          Mrs Lightheart

US History.            Mr Marvin

English 11.            Mrs Stellers

Algebra 2.              Mr Oliva

"Aw man, look at the cheerleaders." Drew says and smiles at them and they giggle and wave. The 5 cheerleaders are in their tiny uniforms. The tallest cheerleader is Lauren, I heard she's the captain of the team. Let me just say, she is gorgeous.  All of them are. Well, one of them is hiding. She has dark brown hair, pale skin, and is super short. Why is she so shy?  

"Ladies, let me introduce you to Aaron, he's a beast on the field." Zane says. They all walk over, even the shy one. She stays behind a Girl with red hair, who keeps checking on her. 

"So, what do you play, new boy?" Lauren asks. She beats her eyes, her beautiful grey eyes. 

"I'm the wide receiver." I tell her proudly. 

"He can catch a ball from a mile away." Drew says. "Maybe we will win a few games." He says and elbows me. 

"Yeah." I say. When I played at Lakewood, our varsity was almost undefeated. I was looking forward to playing on that team this school year, but ya know, plans change. The first bell rings. 

"Well, catch ya later girls." Zane says. He turns to me. "Do you need help finding your homeroom?" 

"Nah, i'm good. I can figure it out." I tell him. 

"I heard Mrs Lightheart lets her student sleep in her class." Drew says with a smile. 

"She does not! But she is really nice, she's a freshman english teacher. See ya at practice." Zane says and takes off. I nod and look for the room. I find the english hall and walk all the way to the end. There it is! I walk in and I'm greeted by a young, excited teacher. 

"Good morning, I'm Mrs Lightheart! Who are you?" She says. Wow, she must have had 3 cups of coffee. 

"I'm Aaron VanDorren." I tell her.