10

FEARLESS | x.
"We honor those who fall by the sword but follow the one who wields it best."

┏━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━┛

Reyna craned her neck backwards, resting her wrist on the flesh of her forehead, as she let out a long-awaited sigh. Her breath coming out hot and relieved, she blinked away the fierce glare of the sun above her; thick, dark eyelashes fluttering in an uneven cycle.

Her hand rested on the sword laid on her lap, fingers tapping against the steel stained with crimson red. It was early in the morning, the sun shining brightly over the land, glistening over the blade of Reyna's sword.

She didn't sleep the night before, something had made it hard to. The thought of not winning lingered on her mind. Taking a minute to gaze up at the sky and watch the clouds leisurely drift out of the view, Reyna let out another sigh.

"It's time to get ready." She was snapped back into reality at the sound of Indra's voice, and it wasn't long until she spotted the older woman merely meters away, one hand wrapped around the hilt of the sword at her hip, and the other resting at her side. Indra raised her chin, keeping her expression blank as usual, "The warriors from the other clans are arriving, you should use the time to train."

Reyna held back a huff and walked towards Indra, dead leaves crunching beneath her worn, muddy shoes.

"I don't need training, Indra." The older woman perked a single eyebrow, the grip on her sword tightening when she heard Reyna's words, "I'm a good fighter."

Indra didn't even bother to conceal the disapproval on her face, "This isn't just a war battle, Reyna. This conclave will determine who lives and who dies."

Reyna raised her head higher, demeanor filled with confidence as she took a step forward, "When I win I'll make things right. I'll do what should've been done a long time ago."

Indra tilted her head slightly, eyes narrowed into slits as they stared into Reyna's, "What makes you so sure you'll win?" She questioned with audible curiosity in her voice.

"Because if I do win, I'll do what Lexa would've wanted me to do." Reyna spoke, the corner of her lip slightly lifting, "And that gives me a really good reason to fight."

Indra stared at her for a few moments, before she nodded her head, "Come on." She motioned for Reyna to follow as she turned around, heading back to the tower. Reyna hesitantly followed, but not before she picked up the sword.

Indra led her to one of the rooms on the first level of the building. The room itself was cold, the walls dark and the only light came from a few candles on the shelves and the small window. There was a mirror on the wall, it was broken, a few little pieces laying on the stone floor. After tracing her fingers over the wooden table in the corner, Reyna turned around, facing Indra's hard stare again.