11

FEARLESS | xi.
"Biological warefare. You were waiting for the Grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it. Murphy is the weapon."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The walls of Darius' cave were flooded with light from the fire, cast in a golden glow that accentuated every ridge and crack of the rocks around them. Reyna lay on his cot, snuggled up beside him. She'd come to him right after the crash had happened, all furious and torn. It was a blessing he knew just what to say to calm her down. Once again, she'd been breaking down in front of him, once again he'd soothed her. Though this time she no longer needed to long for his touch. It seemed the kiss was enough to ease his nerves, and that night he didn't hesitate to hug her, or kiss her. He was even the one initiating it.

Now, Reyna's head was on his chest, his arms tightly around her as the two looked towards the ceiling of the cave, where there was a hole amidst the rocks. Through it, they could see the starry night, the moon shining down on them. 

"Do you miss it? Being up there in space?" Darius whispered, his voice as soft as the moonlight dancing on the walls of the cave.

"No." Reyna replied. "I like it better here." She smiled as she leaned up to kiss him. His hand grazed her arm, trailing up then down, then up again, "I think you know why."

"I have a few guesses."

Reyna chuckled, laying back onto his chest, her eyes cast towards the sky again, "I love the view from here." Her smile widened, "On the Ark, when I was younger I would go with my mom and sit by this huge window in a corridor of our station." She spoke. "The two of us would just sit there and stare at the Earth."

Then, Earth was only a dream. Now, it was reality.

"What does Earth look like from space?" Darius wondered.

"It's mostly blue and green, from space you can see the clouds surrounding it, sometimes it ruined the view." Reyna told him, "Though that view can't even compare with the views I have now."

Her fingers traced his tattoo, following the trails of ink displayed on his skin. At last, her hand found its way to his, but before she laced their fingers together she played with his diamond bracelet. Then she looked up at him, at his brown eyes.

She could swear she saw the future in them. She could see home. Spending nights under the stars while learning more about each other's cultures. The possibilities were endless for them, and it almost made her cry from the happiness she felt at this very moment. A tear escaped her eye. She wanted him. He could give her the world.

He kissed away her tears and held her tighter. He had always felt the pull between them, even if he never showed it. From the day she started to outwit him with her words and actions. She was strong and passionate. She could've been born a grounder, but the Ark turned her into the unique person that clung to him now. He nudged her nose with his and smiled.

Her dark eyes held his. Then Reyna yawned hugely. She was feeling so relaxed, it made her drowsy. Darius cuddled her closer to him.

"Sleep." He told her and she shook her head.

"I can't right now-"