1

FEARLESS | i.
"We're back bitches!"

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Reyna awoke in the midst of sleep.

A cold cell greeted her. Walls of blank, empty surface surrounded her again. The door of the cell stood on the front wall. It marked the border of her own little world and the world outside, trapped her in a cage so isolated her only companions were the voices she'd hear.

They called to her from every dark corner, filled the silence between her heartbeats. Death beckoned and the calls seemed sweeter each day that passed.

Impatient, she waited and waited for the sweet release death would offer. Each day that passed was slower than the one before, but soon it would all cease.

She'd surrender her life on her birthday in two months and she would no longer be. All trace that she'd ever existed would be gone. The world would forget as it always did. Another pointless life would be ended and people would know nothing of it. Maybe a few whispers would be exchanged about her fate, but no one would be there to mourn her.

Though her life was not one worth mourning.

It had become pointless, miserable.

No bright future awaited her, only the airlock chamber and the galaxy her dead body would float around.

364 days had passed since she'd been brought into that cell, since her dad and her best friend lost their lives due to her own mistakes.

The cell was the only witness of her grief.

It had listed to her screams and cries, saw her on her knees begging for it all to end, felt the punches she inflicted upon the walls when her anger got the best of her.

Reyna didn't know if places could remember, but she was sure the cell would always reek of sorrow.

She'd leave it behind soon, but her pain would linger on every inch of it.

A click sounded, echoing in the empty room.

Reyna rose from her bed, knees almost wobbling from the abruptness of the motion.

The door slid open and she knew it was time.

Death had come at last.