[6] The cost of speaking up

A/N -
First of all Thanks you for 1.1k reads💞💞💞💞
So as I promised, I updated a chapter by (almost) 9 pm✌✌
Hope you enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________

Krishnaa's POV

"Krishnaa!!!!" I heard Sameera's voice, her voice was more rough than usual, I sighed, I was back home, in the kitchen cooking the dinner, then I heard aunt's snappy voice, "Krishnaa!!" I sighed and turned off the stove, walking from the kitchen to the living room.

"There she is!" Sameera said with gritted teeth.

My aunt and uncle looked at me with disgusting expressions. What have I done?

"Krishnaa, what am I listening??" Uncle yelled.

"What?"

"Oh god, now she is pretending to be innocent!" Sameera growled.

"Who was that guy at the bakery who fought with Sam's friend, without any reason?" Uncle asked.  

"Without any reason???" I looked at Sameera, then back to uncle, "Chacha ji,That guy was a creep! He was talking shit to me and was misbehaving, I'd even call it an attempt to molest!!" Sameera looked at me furiously and held her hand up to slap me but it was stopped in midway, it was Jai, who stopped it.

"What the hell, Jai!!!!" Sameera yelled at Jai.

"You're insane, that is what has made me do that." Jai said, jerking her hand away. "Shivli and  workers at Bakery told me what happened." 

"What has happened? Tell!!!" Sameera fisted her hands.

"That your so called friends was misbehaving with Krishnaa di and you were encouraging that!" Jai snapped.

"Thats not true, dad!!" Sameera started crocodile weeping, like mother, like daughter.

"See!!" My aunt was now ready worsen the situation.

"Dad,"Sameera cried, "Krishnaa was trying to seduce my friend and then two guys came and starting beating Raj, it was surely her plan to make me lose my friend, she planned all this."

"shut up!!!" I yelled, it was enough,let my love for her go to hell, it's the matter of my character and self respect.

"I didn't do anything, it was your friend who couldn't keep himself under the cloak of modesty. And you were there Sameera! You're literally the worst girl to walk on the earth! How can you accuse me of something like this?? How can you? Whosoever Raj was, you sh'n't be with him, guys like him only can do creepy and immoral activites, you better not become his---" I felt a heavy hand on my cheek, I fell to the ground and the core of the table hit my forehead, it was my uncle, who slapped me.

"How dare you to say such things about my daughter!!" He yelled at the top of his voice.

I touched my forehead, it was now bleeding, Shivli and dadi entered the house, they were at temple till yet.

I wiped off the tears that escaped eyes and looked back to uncle.

"hurts? Isn't it? When someone accuses your daughter? Have you ever thought how hurt will be your late brother because of all the accusations and insults you all give me." I said, calmly, Shivli helped me get up.