This Song Is Still For You.... - Rini (HSMTMTS)

The first time it happens, they don't think anything of it, because things like this happen sometimes.

They're all hanging out, in the park, when Nini asks, "hey, gi, when's your dance-" she pauses, confused. What was she gonna say?

"Competition?" Gina guesses in the same tone, confused as to why her best friend forgot the word, but she quickly brushed it off, because, things like that happen.

"Right. Competition." Nini nods, repeating the word as if she's never heard it before. "That was weird." She shrugged.

Seb was first to speak up about it, "have you been getting enough sleep? Drinking enough water?"

Nini rolled her eyes. "Yes Seb i have been drinking enough water."

"And what about your sleeping schedule?"

Nini paused for a second. "I've only been staying up to study."

"How long?" Kourtney asked.

"Umm.....just about an hour or so before i need to wake up again."

"Nini!" The group yelled in unison.

"Nini, babe, what did I say about overworking yourself?" Ricky said, grabbing her hand lightly and giving it a squeeze.

"To not to." She looks at their hands, and then back up at him. "But I need to pass college, it's so important to me-"

"I know, I know, and I love that you're doing what you love but, this is really affecting you." He says. "Can you promise me that you'll try to get more sleep than just an hour?"

Nini sighed. "I promise. You're lucky i love you."

Ricky smiled. "I love you too." He gently placed his hands on either side of her face and kissed her, and of course, she kissed back.

"Ew gross." Red proclaimed.

"Get a room." Carlos told them.

"Hets." Ashlyn shook her head.

-

The next time, Ricky starts to get a little concerned, but he tries to brush it off, because she misplaced them, and it's just a silly little word.

Nini goes to open the door, there Ricky is, ready for their date, she looked as beautiful as always.

"Hey neens, you ready?" He asks, although he most certainly knows the answer.

"Yeah, I just need to grab my-" she pauses, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Keys?" Ricky guesses, because what else would she need.

She nods, "keys. Yep those." She says slowly, how could she forget something like that?

She turns away for about a minute or two, before frantically coming back. "I can't find them I can't-"

"Woah, calm down." He places his hands on her shoulders, calming her down in her frantic state. "Don't you know where you usually keep them?"

The girl's brows quirked for a second time that night. "Usually put them?"

"Yeah." Ricky slowly drops his hands from her shoulders and runs and hand through his hair, "the dish on your dresser? C'mon I'll help you look."

Nini quickly moves aside so he can come in and he's already up the hallway because man all he wants to do right now is give his beautiful girlfriend the most amazing date she deserves.

He hears a door shut and quick footsteps following behind him, he walks into her room, Nini following behind.

He grabs her keys that were sitting in the dish on her dresser like he said, where she always puts them. "Here you go." He smiles.