Dance With Me - Stydia (Teen Wolf)

Was it a knock that had woken her? Lydia wasn't sure.Wiping the sleep from her eyes, she got up from her bed to check the door. Lydia opened the door to reveal Stiles with what looked to be a box of some kind of food in his hands. "Oh, hey Stiles. What're you doing here so early?" questioned Lydia, blinking profusely as her eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight.

Stiles was highly amused by the sleepy Lydia that stood in front of him."Well good morning to you. I brought some breakfast," Stiles said cheerfully, a huge grin spread across his face. Lydia stepped aside eyes watching Stiles suspiciously as he stepped into the Martin household and made his way to what Lydia guessed was the kitchen. "And by the way, it's 10 o'clock!" hollered Stiles from the kitchen, confirming Lydia's guess.

Something was way off with Stiles' attitude today, Lydia thought. He seems way too cheerful and upbeat than usual. Her suspicions heightened when she stepped into the kitchen. There sat Stiles next to the dining table that now had plates and utensils nicely set up with the box he was holding earlier straight in the middle. Lydia cautiously sat in the seat across from him. This is far too strange, Lydia thought. Sure, Stiles came over every now and then to have breakfast with her, but he never acted this out of the ordinary. And just like that, Stiles' attitude shifted again.

"I-I'll get us something to drink and y-you can go ahead and open up the box," Stiles stammered, now seeming increasingly nervous as he shuffled out of his seat. Lydia's suspicion turned into slight panic as she went to go open the box. If it wasn't for the supernatural world, she wouldn't be so afraid that something as easy as opening up a box could lead to danger.

"Uhm, yeah sure," Lydia responded to Stiles, feeling his eyes on her as he came back with the drinks. As she took the flaps of the box and lifted it up, she held her breath, bracing herself for something bad to happen. Instead, she found a note scrawled across the top of the opening and a box filled with donuts. When she read it, she burst into a fit of laughter. "Will you go to prom with me? I do-nut want to go with anyone else." Was what was written inside the box.

Lydia honestly couldn't believe that she got so worked up over something that turned out to be a promposal. Causing her laughter to continue, as Stiles stared at her dumbfounded. "Well I'll take that as a no," Stiles muttered as he stood up to leave, clearly embarrassed .

Lydia's laughter immediately stopped as she realized what this must look like, "Oh wait no, Stiles!" she practically shouted even though he hadn't moved more than 3 feet. She rose to her feet and quickly explained to him what she thought was going to happen, causing them to both chorus in a short fit of laughter.

"I was acting quite out of the ordinary," Stiles agreed.

"It's a yes by the way," Lydia grinned.

"Really? Are you sure?" Stiles seemed quite shocked. As if Lydia would say no, despite how close they've become since their last dance they went to together. That feels like a lifetime ago, both of them have changed so much since then.

"Of course," Lydia answered, gazing into Stiles eyes. "I'd always say yes to you."

They stayed like that for quite a bit, gazing into each other eyes no one daring to break the silence. Then one of them was leaning forward, or was it both, Lydia wasn't paying much attention. She's been waiting for a kiss from him again for far too long, but of course time is not on her side. Just as she felt Stiles' lips ghost onto hers, his phone went off. Causing them both to jump back and snap into reality. Stiles glanced at his phone and saw it was a group text from Scott asking the pack to come over. He put his phone back in his pocket and glanced back at Lydia, "Scott texted, he wants the pack to me him at his house." Lydia nodded in understanding, pulling out her phone to see the text herself.