listen, i just really like nutella - Sprace (Newsies)

Racetrack Higgins is not a punk ass bitch, no matter what the boys' bathroom says (He's gonna get Jack back for that eventually). Which is why he doesn't get how he got someone with such a lame interest.

'The Brooklyn Bridge.' Race says mournfully, his sleeve lifted up to show his soulmate tattoo. It appeared a week ago, and Race hasn't shut up about it. Jack rolls his eyes, pulling his sleeve back down to cover it.

'At least you didn't get a book with Latin on it.' Jack smirks, lightly shoving Davey's arm, who glares at him.

'I got a fucking moon wearing a cowboy hat, you don't get to complain.' Davey pokes his tongue out, before going back to his book, ignoring Jack's attempts to kiss him.

Feeling the attention off of him and his suffering, Race lets out a long sigh, making the two bickering soulmates stop.

'Boo-fucking-hoo, Race. At least you know they're local.' Jack says unsympathetically, and Race stares at him.

'The population of Brooklyn is 2.622 million, as recorded in 2014.' He states, as it was the first thing he googled once his tattoo appeared. Davey looks up, impressed, but Jack just shrugs.

'Guess you have a lot of options, then. Can you get us the snacks, Raceybaby? There's a twenty in the bowl next to the door.' Jack coos.

'Why do I have to do it?' Race scowls.

David raises his eyebrows. 'Because you're the only one of us with a car?' Race doesn't reply, just groans as he walks out the door, grabbing the twenty on the way.

'Hey, Race.' Crutchie smiles, his mom's car turning the corner. Race breaks out into a grin, shrugging an arm around Crutchie shoulder.

'Wanna come buy snacks with me? I'm better company because all they do is make out, and I need your help because I can't remember what those long red ropes are called that you like.'

Crutchie follows Race into his truck. 'Twizzlers, Race, they're Twizzlers.'

'They threaten me.'

'I know.'

'Pringles or Doritos?' Race calls out across the small shop, to where Crutchie is standing at the drinks aisle.

'Both. 2 bottles of pepsi or 4?'

'4, Medda just left Jack alcohol and a few people don't drink.' Medda, Jack's foster mom, made a deal that she'll leave them alcohol as long as they pay for it, because it let's her know how much they're drinking and she'd rather they do it in her house than in the woods or something.

'This isn't your money, is it?' Crutchie guesses.

'Nope!' He shouts gleefully. 'Jack gave me a 20 so I'd leave him and Davey alone.'

Spot Conlon watches them lazily, flicking through a newspaper from behind the counter. 'You guys are lucky there's no one else in the store.'

Spot Conlon. Now that's a weird one. He's in Race's english class, and is basically the only person worth speaking to in that class, so they just dick around for the full class. There's been some light flirting, but knowing that they both probably have a soul mate out there, it didn't go beyond that.

Race smiles cheerfully. 'Yup! We'll have all of this,' He gestures to all the snacks that Crutchie and him placed on the counter. 'A- Hold on.' He runs to the back of the store, picking up 3 jars of Nutella, before darting back. 'And these.'

Crutchie raises one of his eyebrow, and Race just shrugs. 'I really like Nutella. It's probably my favourite thing right now, my weekends just include me binge watching netflix and eating Nutella.'