49

"If I able to answer all of your inquiries, Would you leave this valley?"

That caught Ryden's attention. He didn't expect that he was called out by the Queen to leave this place.

It makes Ryden think about that. Is there any reason for him to leave Damnation Valley? What for? He lives here from almost one month now, He doesn't even cause any chaos in the cities, He wasn't involved in any illegal activities.

"Let me tell you so, Ryden. I know that you're marked by the five sinister, They're my men who run errands in every district actually, and these past few days, they appear to be distracted, One of them almost died by a sorcerer attack, until now, I don't like one of my apprentice to be distracted or I will be forced to exterminate them."

She started, Ryden eyes widened—Kill them? She can't, Right? She's the Queen. She isn't supposed to kill her apprentice, especially if the crime isn't treacherous or sodomy to the kingdom.

"You—you can't! Just because they are distracted in the past few days, you're bound to kill them! That was a petty prosecution, I respect you as the Queen but please, Think about it!"

Ryden almost pleaded, He feels terrified of what the Queen can do, She's the Queen while he's a mere human who was reincarnated to seek eternal happiness—but how does he able to find it when this world was a curse? No one will find happiness in a cursed land.

The Queen stares at him in utter surprised. She didn't expect him to act like that. He must be—In love.

"You reek innocence and love, my dear, but love is non-existent, love is nothing but a foolish perceptions of a person, You'll believe that its love, but the truth is, It was nothing but lust coated in pure devotion and sodomy. This is a cursed land, No one is bound to live happily ever after, not even you or I."

She calmly declare—Ryden patience is running thin, what she can do about it? If he's in love, so what? But the problem—He doesn't have a heart or so he thought.

"Ah, jokes on me, you doesn't even have a heart to fall in love, you're cursed to have no heart—I am such a foolish person to think that you are one."

She laughed, then, she wave her hand as Ryden stare down to his chest—He feels a light glowing on the part where his heart is intended to show, but, he was surprised that he didn't feel any heartbeats.

"Do you feel any heartbeat? No? Right, You have no heart, to begin with, Its one of your inquiry right now.  Let me answer the second one."

Then—the glowing in his chest disappeared. His hand started heating up as he raised it, to look at the glowing marks in both of his hand—He can also feel the heat on his abdomen, forehead and neck.

"I can remove them if you wanted to, so you will never be bound to anyone and you'll be able to find that eternal happiness, because you will never find it if you have these five sinister connected to you."

She confessed but Ryden put both of the marks on his chest as he hides it from the Queen—He was absolutely scared. She never expected that the Queen will be like this.

They were interrupted when an eagle, crow and a white dove soar inside the room—They encircle around the terrified fellow as the eagle rested on his head, and the crow and dove lies on his shoulder.

"Would you look at that? You're here for the report, aren't you?"

She happily exclaims, The eagle started making some noise until it suddenly change;

"No, We're here to fetch Ryden."

Ryden recognize that voice—It was Night! He was surprised that the man was an eagle.

The crow and the white dove also let out some noises until it alters into a man voice.

"Our Queen, If you don't mind, We will take our Ryden."

The white dove calmly said—It was Vincent Alistair! Ryden was really surprised that these men are here to save him.

"Ah, I cannot let you go so easily. I will let you all know how unworthy this fellow can be."

The Queen—Melanie, summon a staff on her hand as she hits the floor, a glowing hexagon appears on the floor as everything shifted into the starry night.

"Oh Heartless Boy, He will never fall in love with one of you, he has no heart, to begin with, only a mind to decide and think, I shall let you see how the future show!"

She declares as the whole place started to shake—a glasses surround them which shows Ryden reflection for a thousand times.