58

•RYDEN•

Those flames—It enchants me in a certain way.

Ry—The one that Johann and Night talked about—was here. He looks like me—We look identical at all. He was glaring right at me with his spear pointing out at me. He was gripping something behind his cloaks.

"Ry...please, listen."

I spoke out of nowhere, He looks staggered as he glare at me, His eyes were sharp but they exactly look the same as me.

"I need a heart.."

I said. His eyes turn narrowed as I raised my hand, releasing the sword who shifted back into an xxx toy.

"A heart, it's special for me. I'm never a human without a heart, I'm nothing special at all, I don't know why all of you gotta attack me like that. I never understood anything after all..."

I said with a sincere look on my face—But his reaction never change as he glare at me.

"I learn so many things even I have a missing part of myself, I've learned Patience..."

I told him as I remember Morpheus, Of how patience will take me to what I've desired along the way, If I'm impatient, I will never receive what I'd desired.

Patience is a virtue, the key of success. I learn it along the way of walking through the dark forest, with a stick on my hand as I wander in the dark valley, being patient to seek those things I wanted. I learn so many things about it.

"Compassion.."

I continued, I remembered those days where Ezekiel was badly hurt. I feel the pain the same that he did. I may not have any heart but compassion is stuck in my head.

"Alliance."

Being with someone is tough work, I'm happy to have Tootsie with me along the way, Even Nene too. Who turns into a literal ragdoll that was hanging on my pants.

I'm glad that I've met Tesalonica, who become my guidance, who support me and help me along the way, I'm happy to befriend Life and Death who joined the enormous tea party with Nameless, We've become friends without any sort of judgement.

"I've learned so many things...I wanted to feel it too.."

I said as I got closer while he steps back, I can see his back from the reflection. He looks reluctant to let go of something that he holds so dearly.

"It's okay, I just wanted to find my heart, really, I don't know what I wanted but I want to hope for all of us.."

I mumble as I continue to step closer to him while he was taking a step back, scared of what awaits for him.

"It's okay if you tried to brainwash me, at least I know the truth of my death. What bothers me the most has been answered,
I'm glad about it anyway.."

I glance at the glowing thing underneath, I wanted to see it. Something was urging me to look at what lies underneath.

"I only desired one thing, It's my heart..."

I said as I hold my hand on the missing beat on my chest. The thing that he has been holding suddenly exploded—revealing thousand of falling stars around us, I was startled as blue flames lies on my hands.

"You...You've won.."

Ry stated as he paled. I was surprised to see this fire in my heart, It was fluttering as I can feel a soft heartbeat...

"Ryden!"

I turn around to see Death and Life staring at me with pure happiness, So is Tootsie, Nameless and Morpheus. They were behind these glasses as stars continue to hit the floor.

"We're so happy for you, Ryden!"

They said in unison, I smile at them as I realise something...

This small flame—It is my heart. The one that I've desired the most.

I glance at Ry who was smiling at me, it was a small smile and I can see the genuinely on those. He was gripping his chest as he choke until he vomited something.

A black leech. It wiggles around the floor as if hit by the falling stars, It burst into a large pink flame as it turns into ashes.

"Congratulations Ryden..You...you have broken the curse.."

Ry stated as he smiles at me, I smile back as I look down on the small flame on my hands.

I put it closer to the part where my heart supposed to be, I pressed it with both of my hands as I can discover light erupting the glass wall—I feel a strong beat on my chest as I breathe heavily.

I can finally feel a strong surge of feelings, I was confused at first as the glass wall started breaking around me, Ry stares at me for the last time as he merges with the glass—everything shatters around me as I feel the ground open wide.

"AH!"

I yelped as I fall down into the place where I don't know where it will take me, I look up to see them looking down at me as they wave their hands happily—waving goodbye.