CHAPTER SIXTY ➵ THE EDGE OF SILENCE

*shouting from inside blanket burrito* I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW! IF YOU NEED ME, DON'T BOTHER 'CAUSE I'M CRYING IN THE CORNER!

Silence always had a way of disturbing Dealana. In her time spent training under Arashi, she'd learned to stay on edge, especially when everything seemed calm. With the S-Class trials on Tenrou Island underway, the remaining members of Fairy Tail in Magnolia were treated to two whole days without someone picking a fight every two-seconds. While it felt relaxing, Dealana couldn't ignore the itching feeling beneath her skin.

It was the calm before the storm, Dealana just knew it. What really bothered her was the fact that she had no clue what the storm would be. For all she knew, it could end up being the Tenrou participants returning for a glorious celebration. On the other hand, it could be something much worse.

Try as she may, Dealana couldn't shake the sinking feeling from her mind.

Kinana had been the first to notice the way the sky-blunette was constantly on-edge and alert. Macao and Wakaba also noticed her behavior and they each asked about it, but Dealana shrugged off any concern.

To keep her mind off the tension rising within her, Dealana focused on filling in for MiraJane where she could. She made drinks and served food for the day, though no one could beat a Strauss' cooking.

Dealana couldn't bring herself to fall asleep that night either. Something in the air was different, she could feel it.

Wandering barefoot in the middle of the night, Dealana found herself standing at a cliff behind the guild hall. She gazed out over the lake in front of her. Lifting a hand in front of her, she conjured a cloud to sit on. The midnight breeze gently moved her twin braids as she closed her eyes, content to just listen to the sounds carried towards her through the winds.

Dealana didn't realize how long she'd been meditating until she heard Kinana's voice calling out to her carefully, saying, "Dealana? Have you been out here all night?" 

The sky-blunette opened her eyes and found herself met with the first bright rays of sunlight. She turned to glance over her shoulder at the former Oración Seis companion.

"Sorry," she apologized, shrugging her shoulders. "I couldn't sleep last night so I came out here." Dealana said, stepping off her cloud. "You want to join me in making breakfast?"

Kinana's expression softened, looking at the girl concerned. "Are you sure you don't want to get some sleep? Everyone from Tenrou Island is coming back today, surely they're going to wanna throw a party."

Dealana smiled and shook her head. "Nah, I'm good."

"So, Dealana, who do you think is going to be the next S-Class wizard?" Macao asked as she set plates of food in front of him and Wakaba.