CHAPTER NINE ➵ JUPITER CANNON

Fairy Tail rushed out the back door of the guild to see the cause of the commotion, and Dealana followed after rummaging behind the basement's bar and slipping on a pair of black, fingerless gloves that contained small semi-spheres on the back of ...

Fairy Tail rushed out the back door of the guild to see the cause of the commotion, and Dealana followed after rummaging behind the basement's bar and slipping on a pair of black, fingerless gloves that contained small semi-spheres on the back of the palm. She ran outside just in time to hear Natsu ask about the huge fortress making it's approach toward Fairy Tail on many sets of metal legs.

"What is that thing?" Natsu questioned as Fairy Tail watched Phantom Lord's guild hall-crab monstrosity stomp closer and closer to their guild hall.

"It's a guild hall with ginormous legs!" Happy exclaimed.

"Is it Phantom?" Loke asked. Phantom Lord's guild hall continued to come closer, it's metal limbs creaking and groaning.

"How do we fight that thing?" Wakaba voiced what they were all wondering. Dealana studied the giant monstrosity for a moment but came up blank.

"Tie the legs together and hope it trips?" She remarked, hoping to hide the growing fear inside her.

"I never anticipated this." Erza said. Dealana glanced over and did a double take; the scarlet haired mage was wearing a pink towel and she was shaking, "I can't believe they'd go to such extremes to attack us. Fairy Tail watched as a wall from one of the buildings lowered to reveal a large cannon hiding inside. The sound of metal scraping as it extended to its full length reached Dealana's ears and she couldn't help but wince at the uncomfortable noise.

They had almost no time to react as it began to collect a large amount of magical energy into a dangerous blast aimed straight for the guild.

"Run! Get out of here now!" Erza turned and shouted at all of them, before running towards the very thing she told everyone to get away from.

"Erza!" Mira exclaimed.

"Don't be stupid!" Macao called after her. 

Erza then began to glow and her towel was exchanged for a set of armor, "She requipped!" Cana realized.

"What are you doing?" Loke shouted at her.

"Protecting the Guild Hall." She replied now wearing an extravagant blue, grey, and white set of armor with large shields attached to the arms.

"That's her Adamantine armor." Happy identified.

"Is she gonna try to block the cannon's shot?" Bisca asked.

"But there's no way her armor's gonna hold up against a blast that strong." Alzack added.

"You're just risking your life. This is ridiculous." Wakaba told the redhead.

"Stay back!" Erza yelled with no intention of backing down from this. Dealana watched with wide and fearful eyes.

"Erza!" Natsu shouted trying to get to her, however, Gray held him back.