CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT ➵ CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL

Eh, what the heck! School? What's that? I only see this update! :P

Kind of filler, kind of not...either way, I hope you enjoy!

either way, I hope you enjoy!

Dealana remained unconscious for the remainder of the day and the next before she finally woke up. Her whole body ached and she immediately winced at the light shining in her eyes. Her mind felt like the aftermath of a rain storm, foggy and 'bleh'. She couldn't really remember what had happened. The last thing she remember was taking down one of the lizardmen when she, Erza and Lucy were looking for Natsu and Wendy.

That's when it all came flooding back.

Daphne, the headband, Gray's apparent betrayal, her storm barricade, potentially hurting people and...and Laxus. Dealana sat up with a startled gasp, mildly regretting her actions as pain blossomed all over every part she moved. Her heterochromatic eyes darted around as she took in Porlyusica's house. Her gaze finally landed on the small scribble note resting on the table beside Laxus' magic headphones.

Hesitantly reaching out, Dealana snatched both apparent gifts from the table. She placed the headphones around her neck and opened the note.

'You didn't hurt anyone, don't blame yourself. I know music helped you recover from the last time you lost control, don't break the headphones. I know you want me to come back, and I will in time, but I need to figure some things out first. Next time we meet, I want my bracelet back. ~Laxus'

Dealana snorted, despite the small tears that left her eyes. She hadn't been dreaming. Laxus had been the one to break through and calm her down. The Storm Dragon Slayer slipped the headphones over her ears and pressed play. As classic rock & roll filled her ears, Laxus' favorite genre of music, Dealana reread the note. A small smile finding its way onto her face when she noticed the part about the bracelet. She glanced down at the pink and yellow cords somehow still secure on her ankle after her breakdown.

Porlyusica wasn't in the house, which left Dealana alone with her thoughts, not wanting to risk Porlyusica's wrath by getting out of bed. In all honesty, Dealana didn't want to leave the comfort of the bed. There was still the knowledge that Gray betrayed Fairy Tail. She didn't understand why, and it felt like something stabbed her in the heart. She didn't want to believe that Gray would backstab his guild and family, it didn't make sense and she was going to punch him the next time she saw him.

Eventually, Dealana switched from listening to rock & roll to something more mellow while gazing out the window at the sun lit clearing. It wasn't until Dealana felt the soft smack of a broom on her head that she turned and noticed Porlyusica had returned, a small basket filled with herbs on a table by the door. Dealana quickly switched off the music and pulled the headphones down to rest around her neck.

"You reckless fool, you should be resting still," the elderly pink woman chided softly. 

"...I'm sor––"