CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE ➵ DEALANA, MEET DEALANA

You know what the title of the chapter means! 

I hope you enjoy~!

"Huh," Dealana's Edolas counterpart grinned wider as she took in the expression of utter shock on the Gajeel in front of her, "I suppose you happen to be acquainted with my counterpart. This'll be fun to hear about."

"Wh-Whaa!? How come you ain't a pipsqueak in this world too?" Gajeel questioned loudly. Edolas Dealana blinked before she burst out laughing, holding her stomach as she tried to recover her breath. 

When they were both once again calm, Dealana sat on the ground cross-legged in front of Gajeel. They sat on the roof of a building under a simple tarp covering that served to block out the sun. Dealana hadn't put her mask back on as she listened to Gajeel describe her counterpart.

"So, in your world, I'm a kid with attitude? That sounds so weird to think about," She smiled. "Other me sounds like a grumpy kid that someone needs to give a hug." 

Edolas Dealana, Dealana Borealis, was different from her counterpart in age and personality. This Dealana smiled more often and seemed to be more cheerful and optimistic. It kind of freaked Gajeel out to see Dealana, even one from a different world, be so happy and energetic. Another thing he noticed was that while this Dealana had the same thin scar the stretched over her nose as the Earthland version, Edolas Dealana did not have a small scar above her blue eye. That was something Gajeel was silently thankful for.

"Are you a part of the Fairy Tail here in Edolas?" Gajeel asked. Older Dealana sighed, but kept a small, fond smile as she answered him.

"Yeah, I mean, technically I'm still a member," She reached into on the pouches on her belt and fished out a silver compass with the Fairy Tail symbol etched in the back. "But I haven't visited in a year or so. It was partly my fault we lost so many people and lead the Fairy Hunter to the Storm Talon Tribe's location. I couldn't face them after what happened, so I started spying on the royal army and gathering information on any plans to hurt Fairy Tail before giving them to Gavin." She admitted. Apparently, Edolas Dealana was fairly open about her past and what bothered her. It was really strange to not have to push to get her to open up.

"Gavin?" Gajeel repeated, not having heard the name thrown about in Earthland. Dealana nodded.

"Yeah," She smiled again, returning the compass to its place in her belt as she continued speaking, "Gavin was a member of the Storm Talon Tribe, he was the only one not present at the camp when the royal army arrived. He's been in communication with Fairy Tail ever since and acts as the messenger between Gajeel and I to the guild...well, this world's Gajeel." She explained.

"How do you know the other me?" Gajeel wanted to know. Dealana grinned.

"I was in a rough spot and stuck laying low inside a city crawling with units of the royal army. Other you spread rumors that a masked girl with light blue hair was spotted in an area outside of town. Once I was in the clear, I met up with him and I've been supplying him with inside information ever since. I help him out and he continues to be a rock in the king's shoe. A win win situation if you ask me."