CHAPTER FORTY-TWO ➵ GILDARTS RETURNS

It's been a while, and by a while I mean almost a week? I got distracted by a few other fandoms that my friends like as well as the looming forensic science scenario project.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Dealana had been talking with Wendy and Carla at the guild hall. The darker blunette had been looking through a book while Dealana and Carla were determined to find something other than Wendy that they had in common. It was pretty hard unless you counted Dealana's first argument about their lack of shoes. 

Lucy had greeted them and they had a lovely chat about rent before Max and Warren burst through the doors shouting, "Big news!"

Dealana would've questioned this, but the sound of bells ringing throughout Magnolia answered  her curiosity; Gildarts had finally returned. The sky-blunette couldn't help but grin at the buzzing atmosphere.

"Gildarts is back!" Everyone was cheering and talking amongst themselves excitedly. 

"Gildarts? Who's that?" Lucy asked. "Are they in the guild? I don't think I've ever even heard of them before." She realized. Dealana could understand her confusion, while Lucy had been a member of Fairy Tail for just about a year, she still had yet to see the man, myth and destructive legend. 

"He's the strongest wizard in Fairy Tail," Mira smiled. The calm revelation caused Lucy's eyes to bulge in surprise as she then began sputtering.

"Whoa! Are you serious? I thought Erza was top-dog around here?" The blonde remarked.

"All modesty aside, I don't even hold a candle to him," Erza replied.

"I'll bet this guy must be the king of breaking stuff then," Lucy muttered.

Dealana smiled behind the hand she was leaning on. "Oh, Lucy, you have no idea," 

"That worries me," Lucy sweat-dropped before she looked around at everyone celebrating. "Well, it's good he's back, but I don't understand why everyone's going totally nuts."

"Look how happy they all are," Wendy commented before Carla added in, "They're certainly more out of control than usual."

"It's only natural everyone's excited," Mira told them. "He's been gone quite a while. Three years, in fact." The white-haired beauty went on to explain SS-class quests, decade quests and century quests. Dealana was always fascinated by the quests that no one had been able to complete in ten or even a hundred years, and she couldn't deny her want for the experience. She also knew that she was only twelve. It would be a long while before she could even come close to those quests. She wasn't even S-Class yet.

The flying announcement horns outside began giving instructions for Magnolia's Gildarts shift, causing much confusion to Wendy, Carla and Lucy, who had no idea what was going on.