CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE ➵ NIRVANA'S TRUE FORM

Slow updates following this one as it's another week of school :P

Also, I couldn't find a fun gif to match the chapter so you get baby bean, Wendy. You're welcome and I hope you enjoy! :)

If there was one thing Jellal should've remembered about Erza aside from her name was that she was stubborn

If there was one thing Jellal should've remembered about Erza aside from her name was that she was stubborn. Erza rushed forward toward Jellal, letting a few tears slip down her cheeks as she shouted at him, "Don't do this!"

Dealana followed after the redhead with a much slower pace. She didn't want to interfere with Erza's interactions with Jellal. She watched idly as Erza lifted Jellal slightly off the ground by his collar to see the self-destruction seal spreading further. Cobra wasn't far off either mildly panicking about Jellal taking the only way to prevent Nirvana's destruction with him.

"Listen to me! You can't!...I won't allow you to die like this!" Erza cried out shaking Jellal's semi-conscious form. "You have to atone for your sins! It means nothing if you die now, ignorant of what you've done!" 

Dealana stiffened at the sight of tears continuing to stream down Erza's face, never wanting to have seen Erza cry. Personally, Dealana had only seen Erza cry once when Lisanna died, but other than that, Dealana always saw Erza as a strong, fiercely loyal mage. To see her crying felt wrong.

"Own your guilt and live, Jellal!" Erza screamed at him, causing his once dull eyes to widen at the sight of this woman he had caused so much pain. 

"Erza, don't cry," Jellal told her with a soft smile, "There's no reason to." Erza paused and it was in that moment that she realized she'd been crying, and doing so from both eyes. "You're a good person." Jellal said before once more falling into a mix of sleep and unconsciousness. As Erza told Jellal to pull himself together, Dealana caught the scent of dark magic. Glancing up, she saw none other than Brain. 

The Oración Seis' commander tapped his staff on the ground and Dealana had since gotten in a defensive position and readying her magic, subconsciously allowing a crackling lightning storm begin to form around her fists. "What could be the meaning of all this foolishness?" he asked, catching the attention of Erza and Cobra.

"He's back," Dealana heard Cobra say. Erza wiped her eyes and turned to glare at Brain as the man studied the magic seal on Nirvana.

"A magic seal of self-destruction?"

"This is Jellal's doing," Cobra told him. "We've gone through all this trouble to bring about Nirvana and this idiot is trying to destroy it!"

Dealana didn't like the way Brain smirked. She watched with sharp eyes as he moved forward saying, "Spare the hysterics, I don't answer to the name Brain by mere chance. Do you know how I came to be called that?"

"Is it because your ego got so big you decided to name yourself?" Dealana snapped at him. Brain scoffed and disregarded Dealana's comment.

"I once worked at the Bureau of Magical Development. During my tenure there, I produced hundreds of spells including ones designed to bring about destruction such as this one. I still hold that knowledge to this very day." Brain walked past Jellal and Erza, past a seething Dealana before revealing, "In fact, I was the one who taught you how to use them. Or have you forgotten, Jellal?" the white-haired man looked down at Jellal who shifted slightly in pain from the seal continuing to form on his chest.