CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE ➵ EIGHT PARTICIPANTS

Enjoy the next 4.8k words that make up the last of Dealana's happiness before it all happens while you can, we know what's coming next.

8k words that make up the last of Dealana's happiness before it all happens while you can, we know what's coming next

Following their girls' day, Dealana found herself spending the remainder of solo season with Lisanna, Wendy and Carla. With everyone rushing in and out of the guild for jobs, the storm dragon slayer also found herself helping MiraJane with making and serving food or drinks.

Taking in all the job requests and marking who took what job was stressful, no matter how great Mira was a hiding it. Dealana couldn't begin imagine how much was swirling around the S-Class mage's mind with everything going on, including the fact that Lisanna's return wasn't a dream.

At the moment, Dealana was sitting cross-legged atop a cloud next to Wendy and Lisanna as Carla told them about her Clairvoyance. Ever since returning from Edolas and gaining the knowledge that her visions weren't a mission, but rather glimpses into the future, the white Exceed was able to begin interpreting them and gaining more understanding.

"Wow! That's totally amazing!" Wendy told Carla after she'd explained her newfound small degree of control. 

"So can you tell me which guy's gonna be my future husband?" Lisanna wondered, enthusiastic about the Exceed's abilities.

Carla put her paws on her hips as she replied, saying, "I'm afraid I'm not able to see that far ahead," she glanced around the room before her eyes landed on Macao reading a newspaper at the nearby table. "but maybe, something sooner? Okay, keep an eye on Macao over there. I predict that any moment now, Wakaba will walk up to him and start discussing the younger folks of the guild."

Lisanna and Wendy were both really into the idea of Carla seeing the future, leaning their heads closer to whisper so as to not get caught. "Let's see." 

Dealana raised an eyebrow in question. Her eyes darted between the girls and Macao. "You guys do realize that Wakaba is almost always talking to Macao about the younger generation, right? They do that almost every day." She told them, only to be ignored as their focus was glued to the interaction about to happen. 

Carla's prediction proved correct, not that Dealana was surprised by any of it, but the mens' conversation took a more ... perverted turn. Even so, Lisanna and Wendy were still excited about Carla's ability being true.

"That is so cool!" Wendy gushed about Carla.

"Yeah," Lisanna agreed. "You hit it on the nose. You didn't tell us it'd be so creepy though."

Dealana rolled her eyes as an amused smile found its way onto her lips, "No one needs Clairvoyance when it comes to those two talking about women." She looked to Carla, "I think it's pretty awesome that you're getting the hang of putting the pieces together though."

"Yeah, I'm super impressed," Wendy added on and Lisanna nodded encouragingly. 

"Thank you," Carla said with a small sigh. "but I still have much more to learn about how to properly control it." She insisted modestly.