CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX ➵ DEMON LORD DRAGNEEL

Sometimes the best way to regain inspiration is to just start writing. The hardest part about doing that is finding the motivation to get started--

Geez, I sound like a fortune cookie. Enjoy the chapter~!

 Enjoy the chapter~!

The four dragon slayers found the royal city in chaos. With the floating islands falling and all the magic-filled lacrima that the citizens of Edolas relied on fading fast, everyone was panicking and running through the streets. Earthland Dealana was confused by what they were trying to accomplish by rushing around like headless chickens. If they were going to escape the 'end times' wouldn't it be better for them to unite and stick together rather than freak out? 

Perhaps that was just her way of thinking though, and her mind was all over the place with the near complete exhaustion of her magic power. Their fight with Faust was hard-won, but they managed to defeat the power-crazed old man. Dealana was currently dragging the unconscious king by the back of his cloak when two familiar faces came into view.

The black exceed with the odd arm twitch and a magenta-haired girl around Dealana's age were fast approaching the dragon slayers. Dealana couldn't quite remember the exceed's name, but she definitely recognized Lorna, who had a look of alarm written across her face. 

"Lorna? What's wrong?" Dealana questioned the girl, concern filling her eyes as she literally dropped King Faust with a thud on the ground to meet Lorna halfway. 

"You... You guys beat King Faust?" Lorna asked in disbelief, her wide crimson eye lingering on the defeated form of Edolas' king. "But h-how?" 

"Never underestimate the power of a dragon slayer, kid," Gajeel answered with a slight smirk.

"What's wrong, Lorna?" Dealana asked again, trying to keep the girl on track. "And what's with the cat?" 

"Better question, where's my cat?" Gajeel grumbled, earning a sharp elbowing from the sky-blunette. 

"Pantherlily's fine," Lorna told Gajeel before turning with the black exceed to face all four dragon slayers, "But there's something you guys need to know about him and Mystogan..."

Mystogan and Pantherlily were at an odds in their argument over who would take the role of Edolas' ruler. Both not wishing to hurt the other while insisting that they would play the role of the "villain". They were both incredibly stubborn about the ordeal. Ihe the midst of their back and forth, Pantherlily received a report from a royal army solider. 

Chaos was erupting in the streets and it needed to be addressed by someone. That someone just happened to be Pantherlily with Mystogan following behind. 

Hearing that people were wreaking havoc wasn't surprising to hear, but neither Mystogan nor Pantherlily were expecting what they saw. Evil laughter echoed in the air and it belonged to none other than Natsu Dragneel. He stood atop a building, a dark cape with a high collar billowing behind him as he looked down at the gathered citizens.