#33 Childhood

"It can't be..." Jungkook muttered.

"If that so happens to be me, why can't I remember her face clearly?" He mentally asked himself.

He has been looking for her for a long time now ever since he came back to here, but because this is an orphanage once she becomes an adult she obviously had to move out.

"You were that young boy who lived in that white colored house next door before am right?" He nodded, memories slowly starting to flow in.

"You were a little kid, so I won't be surprised if you can't remember her looks, even then she would've grown up." The grandma closed the photo album, smiling.

"How did you know it was me?"

"I can immediately tell that's you, you may have grown up a lot, but some of your looks still remained the same, especially those round cheeks of yours." She pinched his cheeks in awe, he laughed a gently pushed her hand away.

"But how come Hae Ra doesn't recognize me?"

"Especially when she gave you nicknames right? Bunny boy if I'm not mistaken." She placed the book down onto the coffee table and leaned into the couch. Her facial expression was unreadable, but he could tell that she's hiding something.

"Well, she has been through some things..." Her voice slowly got smaller and quiet, as if she wasn't sure if she's allowed to say anything.

"Aunty! Are you home?" Jungkook jumped at the familiar voice shouting from the outside.

"Yes, I'm coming!" The grandma stood up went to collect the keys to open the gate. Meanwhile, Jungkook sat there mentally facepalming himself, he should've thought that she would come here, especially during her free time, it is her home after all.

[Second Person POV]

"Oh, Jungkook. You're here?" You were surprised to see your boss sitting in the living since you weren't expecting him to visit your orphanage.

He silently nodded, staring at you with unreadable eyes. You questioned him for coming here at an odd hour, but your caretaker interrupted you by bringing you to the kitchen to get some food.

"Why did you suddenly come visit here Hae Ra?" She smiled, getting some food for you.

"I missed here after visiting the house yesterday and it gave me a lot of nostalgia, so I came." She nodded, cooking some fried rice.

"Also, why did Jungkook come here?" You asked. She went unusually silent, causing you to raise a brow.

"He was interested in the place and wanted to come chat with me." She lied, but you shrugged it off.

"What did you guys talk about?" The grandma went quiet again.

"Uh, I was giving him a tour around the house and showing some pictures of you."

"You have photo albums? Can I see-

"Food is ready, how about you go sit at the table and don't forget to tell your boyfriend to sit with us to eat!" She nervously chuckled and pushed you out of the kitchen.

"W-What? He's not my boyfriend aunty!" Your cheeks flushed bright pink at the assumption.

"Sure he isn't." She laughed and continued her cooking, earning a whine from you.