#20 Pic

"You're staying with me." He shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

Wait what?

"What, why?" You crossed your arms.

"I have my own place to stay, I don't need to live with you."

Jungkook took another step towards you, you raised your head higher. He gazed into your eyes, only to find a pile of confusion shining through. He chuckled.

"You were just discharged from the hospital, right?" You nodded.

"That's why you're staying with me."

Is he serious?

You scoffed at the idea. "I'm an adult, I don't need you to babysit me. I can take care of myself."

You were about to turn away, but he grabbed your arms and spun you around, facing him again. You furrowed your brows.

"It's not about worrying you getting hurt, I don't want my image to be ruined just because of you getting in some sort of accident or trouble. I already told you about that at the airport."

Right after Jungkook said that, you felt your heart and insides ache a little, you didn't know why. But you maintained your posture.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything that'll ruin your reputation or image. I'm going-

"I'll deduct your bonus if you go back home."

You froze, slowly turning around. At first you thought he was joking, but as soon as you saw his stern look, you knew right away that he wasn't kidding.

This guy is really getting on my nerves.

You contemplated on leaving anyways, ignoring his threat. But you needed the money to pay for your rent and bills back home. You were also worried that he might fire you, because after listening to Namjoon's words, you were terrified of losing your one and only job.

But you also realized, during the duration of the trip with Rosé and Taeyang, your confidence has grown a lot since, and you've gotten a bit more comfortable around Jungkook.

"F-Fine, I'm coming." You sighed in defeat, and Jungkook smiled victoriously.

You followed behind him towards his enormous house. He took out his keys and opened the front white door, revealing a short corridor leading to the living room. It looked very modern.

You stepped inside and looked around, amazed at how tidy and pretty his house was. Jungkook hung his coat on a rack and placed his briefcase on the couch.

"Make yourself at home, don't feel too constricted." Jungkook said as he walked into the kitchen.

You nodded. You walked around the house, giving yourself your own tour. Your curiosity got you so good that you didn't noticed yourself  walking up the stairs, heading towards her second floor of his house.

Your eyes stared at the pictures that were nearly hung against the white walls. Many were drawings, while some were just pictures miscellaneous objects. But one drawing in particular caught your attention. You walked closer to it to get a better view of it.

It was a picture of Jungkook and his hyungs.

A small smile formed on your lips without you knowing. This shows how much Jungkook cares and loves his hyungs, like a family.

You were about to step away, but paused when you saw another picture, that too grabbed your attention. Confusion began to build up inside as you continue staring at it.

The picture was a little girl sitting on a swing. But the weird part is that the face of the girl was not drawn out, just a pure, empty face.

But what confused you more, was that you somehow felt connected to it. Like it seemed too familiar to you, as if you've seen this girl before, but you couldn't wrap your head around it.

Suddenly your head started aching and your vision went blurry for a split second, but it went by so fast that you didn't know it happened.

"I assume you're deaf as well." A voice made you jump.

"Aish, you can just call my name louder if I didn't hear you." You rolled your eyes.

Jungkook crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

"Really? Because I've already called you in a loud tone many times."

"W-Whatever, why did you call me for?" You changed the topic.

"Nothing, just wondering where you were." He looked away.

"Anyways, what are you looking at?"

You pointed at the picture in front of you. "Who's that girl the drawing?"

He followed your direction and his eyes landed on the paper in a picture frame. You noticed his eyes softened when he saw the drawing.

"She's just someone I know." A smile formed on his lips. You get your heart flutter a little.

"Is she your friend?" He touched the frame when you mentioned that.

"Yes and no."

You raised a brow, waiting for him to explain further.

"We talked a lot when we were little. We even played together as kids. Although we hang out a lot, I wouldn't say we are best friends."

By the tone of his voice, you can tell he was a fond of the girl. But his smile faded as he continued talking.

"But soon we stopped seeing each other, and eventually drifted part. We never kept in touch."

"Why did you two stop meeting?" You placed your hand on his shoulder, trying to give him comfort.

He tilted his head towards you, you saw sadness in his eyes. Jungkook suddenly cleared his throat.

"Come down to the kitchen, I made some ramen if you want." He scratched the back of his head, walking away from you.

"W-Wait, you haven't answered my question yet!" Jungkook ignored you.

Sighing, you turned back to the picture. It was drawn out in black pencil. Even though it was in black and white, it was obvious that he remembered her very clearly. You could say he was in love with her.

But the problem was not because of Jungkook, or the girl. It was just frustrating to instincts, you felt as if you've seen her somewhere before. The long hair covering her face doesn't make it any easier for you.

Could it be one of my friends? Or an ex colleague?

"Hae Ra-ssi! I'm eating your noodles if you down come right now!" Jungkook shouted from the kitchen.

"Shit."

"I'm coming!" You yelled back as you run down the stairs.