Chapter Nine

In the morning, I was awakened by Amy knocking on my door. She said we were leaving in an hour to go shopping, and that breakfast would be ready in ten minutes. I got dressed into a black t-shirt and black jeans, and then quickly ran a brush through my long, brown hair, and finally went downstairs.

Amy was waiting for me in the kitchen with two pancakes on a plate. We both sat down and ate our breakfast, and then headed out to the garage. Amy had a big, blue Ford F-150 pickup truck.

I hopped in the passenger seat, and then Amy started the car, and we headed for the nearest clothing store. This happened to be a local store called Lulu’s Ten Dollar Clothing Store. Amy said she shopped here all the time.

“They have plenty of stuff here,” Amy said as we walked to the front door. “I’m sure we’ll find clothes to your liking.”

“Basically I like anything that’s not pink, or flowery, or spring colors.”

Amy laughed.

“I don’t mind you wearing black all the time. I think you should be able to wear whatever you want. Well, within reason of course.”

“Cool.”

We headed for the discount rack, and found a nice dark, blue shirt with black jeans to go with it. Then we got a black jacket, and a few more black shirts. Amy also convinced me into letting her buy me a brown and a green shirt. Just to give my wardrobe a little bit of color.

“There you go.”

“Thanks so much, Amy. I really appreciate it.”

“Are you hungry?”

“Yeah. Sort of.”

“Let’s go get some lunch,” Amy said.

She put an arm around and then led me to her truck.

After lunch, Amy and I went on a search for new school supplies. Thankfully, there was a Staples near by. I got everything I needed right there, and then Amy and I went straight back to her house. 

I put my new clothes in my dresser, and organized my new school stuff in my new backpack. Then Amy had to do some things around the house, and before I knew it, Freddy and Emma were home.

Emma disappeared into her room, and then Freddy asked if she could join me in mine. I, of course, said yes.

“Hey,” Freddy greeted. “Did Amy take you shopping?” 

“Yeah.”

“Lucky. Probably while you were out having fun, I was trying to figure out some stupid math question.”

I laughed.

“Amy’s great. She and I talked a little bit about the stables.”

Freddy gave me a smile. 

“Well, I’m sure you’ll find that horses aren’t the only thing that might interest you out there.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“There’s this stable hand that works there, super cute. His name’s Taylor, and his family has been friends with Jason’s for years. Taylor’s there, like, everyday.”

“I can’t wait to meet him tomorrow.”

“Jason’s really nice, too. He also had this brother who’s the horse trainer. His name’s Ed. He stops by pretty frequently. He kind of scares me. I think you need to know horses in order for him to like you.”

“I know horses pretty well,” I said.

“Then you should have no problem. Who knows, that might even be the way to Taylor’s heart. He’s known me for three years and hasn’t flirted with me once.”

Some People Change (Currently Editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara