Chapter Forty-Two

I never knew how a year could pass me by so quickly. But it had.

Emma finally turned eighteen and moved all the way to New York. There, she met her soul mate, Andrew. 

Taylor planned to go to college, but he wanted to take some time off before he did. Decide what his true passion was.

Jason gained full custody of me, but my mom took me out to dinner every Sunday. I also went over to Jackson’s every single day and I recently had convinced him to let me give him his first riding lesson.

Ed and I followed through on teaching Zaltana to jump. She was a natural, and I hoped to enter her in a competition soon. 

As for Amy, she took in another foster child. Her name was Julia. I saw a lot of me in her. 

She loved horses and worked at the stables daily. My father said since we had so much in common, I should teach her lessons. 

Julia turned out to be a wonderful rider, and I had just recently moved her from Angel to Mayhem. No one but me ever rode Zaltana. She still had a few trust issues.

Today was Julia’s first day on Mayhem and I sensed her nervousness, so I said what Jason had said to me at my first lesson. It was a sentence that I thought about everyday of my life. I guess it was what drove me to do the things that I did. You see, along with the phrase “some people change”… 

“Show me what you can do!”

meant everything.