Convince Me

"Dean. Answer me. Who told you that I was pregnant?"

"Nobody told me alright. When I went into your bag I saw the pregnancy test box and when I told you to wait downstairs for me I saw the test in the trash can." Dean lied, not wanting to throw his mother under the bus.

AJ has been embarrassed many times but this time she was beyond that. She couldn't help letting her face turn pink. She didn't want Dean to think she was a whore for getting pregnant at 15. AJ didn't know if Dean was the type of person to hold things against people and black mail them. At the same time, who was he to judge. He's done worst things than she has. Hell, he's had more girls than a pimp. Her on the other hand has only slept with one guy who she actually cared about.

AJ stood up and grabbed her bags from the corner, stomping her way to the door.

"Where are you going?" Dean stood up.

"I can tell that you won't be wanting me here anymore. Take this as saving you the trouble of kicking me out. It was nice while it lasted."

"Let's not go jumping to conclusions."

AJ spun back around, "What are you saying?"

"I can't just kick you to the curb in your condition."

"Are you asking me to stay?" Dean nodded. "I don't want to be a burden in yours or your moms life, okay. I can take care of myself."

She turned back around to walk out the door until Dean grabbed a firm hold onto her wrists. "We could figure something out. Just stay for a while longer. Alright?"

AJ rolled her eyes and did a sarcastic chuckle, "Why? Why are you so persistent on getting me to stay? You barely even know me and yet you talk to me as if we've known each other for years. Just a few weeks ago I was just some random girl in your math class that you would copy off of and now what am I? Hm? A responsibility of yours? A way of making you feel good about yourself?" AJ yelled.

Dean threw her hand to the side making AJ drop her bags. "Is it that hard for you to accept that someone can actually give a damn about you?"

"Why you? Why do you care? Out of all the people in this world what makes me so important? You've picked girls up and threw them to the side. What makes me any different from all of those girls? Why can't you just leave me be!"

Dean paused. He looked AJ deep in her glassy brown eyes, "There's something about you that is... I don't know. You have it. Whatever it is. All I know is that I'm really attracted to you. Physically and emotionally. I don't want you living out there by yourself. It's a dangerous place to be and I refuse to let you be in danger."

AJ's facial expression changed from angry to confused. "What are you trying to admit? That you have a crush on me or something?" Dean's face started to burn with embarrassment. why the hell was he admitting all of this to her? He wasn't even sure if what he was feeling was real or not. "Oh this is rich." AJ laughed, throwing Dean off a bit. "Big bad Dean Ambrose actually has a heart. Damn, who are you trying to fool? I mean c'mon. Are your trying to convince me that someone like you would fall for someone like me?"

"What do you mean someone like me?" Dean asked, slightly offended.

"As in someone who doesn't give a damn about what other people think of him. Being an arrogant asshole. A vicious animal." AJ listed. "I on the other hand am insecure, get my feelings hurt easily, and labeled as a weird nerd. This isn't some movie where the schools badass goes for the band geek and they're magically able to coexist and they live happily ever after. This is reality. You and I are like water and oil. We don't mix."