Healthy And Sober

The drugs took my mom
The cops took my dad...
I guess I really am all alone in this world...
You never gave a damn about me...
I practically raised myself...
__________________________

"Is that really you?" Dean asked.

"Hi, son." his father waved.

"Wait wait wait." AJ said. "I thought your dad left. Like disappeared from your life type of left."

Dean clutched AJ's hand, "He did." he gritted his teeth. "What are you doing with him? I thought you hated him, mom!"

"Keep you voice down!" Sharon screamed in a whisper.

"Why? It's not like either of you cared about making a scene in public back then." Dean argued.

"Maybe we should talk about this somewhere else." Brian suggested.

"No! Lets do this right here."

"How come when I told you guys Dean was here you wanted to leave?" AJ asked.

Dean looked at his confused girlfriend then at his parents. "Is that true?"

"Dean we can explain."

"Really, mom? Then enlighten me."

Sharon was about to tell Dean why they didn't want to see him until, "Hey guys I payed for my stuff already. Ready to split?" Sami asked. When AJ and Dean didn't answer he felt the awkward tension. He looked at Dean, noticing his eyes locked on the couple in front of him. Sami turned to face them, "Ms.Ambrose?"

Sharon rubbed her temples due to all the stress, "Hello, Sami."

Sami then looked at the guy standing next to Dean's mom. "Mr.Pillman is that you?" Brian gave Sami a look saying he didn't remember the boy, "It's me. Sami Callihan." Brian shrugged. "You stabbed my football with a fork cuz I knocked your beer over."

"Oh!" Brian remembered. "Yeah... sorry about that."

"Will you two shut up!" Dean yelled. "It's not like I care that you guys don't want me in your lives. I just want to know why. What did I do?"

"It's not what you did, Dean. None of this is your fault." Sharon said. "It's what me and Brian did."

"I don't understand."

"Dean." Sharon took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant." The three teens fell silent.

"When we found out, Sharon wanted to go tell you and see if you wanted to move out here to live with us in our new home." Brian explained. "We drove to Cincinnati and saw one of your wrestling gigs. We were going to tell you afterwards then we saw you with AJ and Sami... and the rest of your friends." he paused. "You looked so happy. More happy then you ever looked. We thought that you'd be better off without us. So we left. The both of us ruined your life once and we didn't want to do it again."

"It looks like we were right to leave you. I mean, you look healthier and less angry."

It was hard for Dean to get upset with his parents. They didn't want to drag him back into the turmoil that he was raised into. Yeah both of them changed so much but the sadness and memories will always be there. For Dean knowing that his parents cared about his well being and him being happy, that's all it took for him to forgive them for all the crap they put him through in the past. All he really wanted was to be cared about. Yeah, AJ loved him and his friends had his back but part of him still wanted more. He denied it all the time and he finally accepted that all he really wanted was his parents to care about him. He finally got that.

Dean got a little teary eyed, "Good luck with the baby, you guys. Wish you the best." Dean held AJ's hand then turned around to leave.

"Dean wait!" Sharon said.

He turned around to find his mother hugging him, "Because of you I was able to get myself cleaned up. You've done more than I've ever done for you. Dean, you saved my life."

Dean hugged his mother even tighter. He felt like a little boy again. Dean forgot how much he missed his moms hugs. "Promise me this baby won't have to go through what I did. I don't want him to turn out like me."

Sharon let go, "I promise we'll treat him right." Dean nodded, wiping away the tears building up.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you Dean." Brian apologized, "If I could go back in time and be a better father to you, I would."

"It's okay, dad. All I want you to do is be a better dad to this baby and I'll be happy."

Brian walked up to his son, bringing him into a loving embrace. Being able to hug Dean after 12 long years brought back so many memories. He felt like he was holding his six year old son again. The biggest regret in Brian's life was missing his son grow up into the man that he is today. Even though he was never around, he was in fact a proud father.

AJ rested her head onto Sami's arm as both of them were holding back their tears. "It's so beautiful." they said.

"I'm in a glass case of emotion." Sami sniffled. "Don't look at me right now. You don't need to see my ugly sobbing."

"Okay okay. Enough with this love fest." Dean chuckled.

"I guess this is goodbye then." Sharon said.

Dean buried his hands in his pockets, "Well, for now." He smiled, "C'mon guys we gotta hit the road. We gotta be in Springfield by morning."

"It was nice seeing you again Sharon." AJ waved.

"You too Mr.Pillman." Sami said.

Dean's parents both waved bye to their son and his friends. They couldn't even explain how happy they were for Dean. Being able to bury the hatchet and let bygones be bygones was probably the best decision they ever made. I guess forgiveness was the only thing that could make this broken family happy again.
________________________
A/N: Forgiveness is the key to happiness! And yes, I did make Brian Pillman Dean's dad. If you ask me that was genius! *bows*

See you next chapter.