Epilogue

-time lapse-

Dean and AJ came from nothing in the city of Cincinnati. Odds always being stacked against them. Feeling as if it was the world versus them. Then finally... they made it. They proved everybody in this critical world wrong about them. You can be a nobody at one point but you can change all of that. All Dean and AJ needed was each other to pull through. It was a hard couple of years and the problems didn't disappear but there was always the light at the end of the tunnel that they chased after.

In the end, they found themselves getting very serious. Dean wanted to spend the rest of his life with AJ. She had his back, supported him, loved him when he was hard to love, she cared. Dean wanted to show AJ how much she meant to him. How much he needed her in his life.

The velvet black box was pulled out of Dean's pocket on AJ's graduation day. There on stage, in front of the entire graduating class, he asked that very special question. Dean could never forget AJ's reaction. It was like she was counting down the days that Dean would finally ask her to marry him. AJ remembered saying 'yes' then leaping into his arms, kissing him passionately. The sound of an applause erupted in the auditorium. It was crazy to think that people were actually happy for them.

The wedding, which was a small gathering consisting of friends, Sharon, Brian, Dean's baby sister Maria, and even Seth Rollins and Vanessa came to support the newly weds. The honeymoon seemed to fly by as Dean and AJ went on a trip to the Dominican Republic all thanks to Seth, who said not to ask where he got the tickets.

When AJ turned 20, she and Dean had their first child. A boy named Isaiah. When she was 24 they had a daughter named Scarlett. They were a small family living in a roomy house in Chicago now. Everything just seemed so perfect to them.

Dean pursued his wrestling career and AJ was alright with that. It wasn't like she was raising the kids alone. She had Sharon and Brian who always offered their help. When Dean would come back home he always made an effort to spend time with his family, which AJ really appreciated.

Dean absolutely loved spending quality time with his son on his days off. Isaiah always would beg for Dean to take him to the park so they could play baseball or football. He turned out to be very sporty and athletic just like his father.

But he also loved doing things that his mother liked as well. Isaiah was a video game fanatic and was obsessed with comic books. When he was a baby, instead of bed time stories AJ would always read him her comics.

Scarlett, on the other hand, was a bit more of a handful when she was a baby. AJ would try rocking her to sleep and reading to her but nothing worked. The kid would not fall asleep. That's when Dean suggested playing some music for Scarlett that'll lull her to sleep. Since neither of them thought about getting a CD full of cute nursery rhymes, they had to improvise.

AJ pulled out her Apoctalyptica CD to play for Scarlett. To a huge surprise it worked. She was out in a flash. When Scarlett got older she became a real metal head while her brother was into rock and roll like Dean. What AJ and Dean didn't expect was that when Scarlett started going to school she would get in a crap load of fights. Unlike her older brother who was extremely passive.

Both of their kids were perfect in their eyes, even though others didn't seem to think so. Their teachers would describe them as unstable and a bit socially awkward. Sounds familiar, right?

AJ and Dean always made sure to let their kids know that there was nothing wrong with them. They would tell them that people could be cruel and judge you because of where you came from and how you look. But there's that one special someone that will see you and love you for who you really are.

AJ and Dean weren't just saying that because that's what parents are supposed to tell their kids. They were speaking from experience. Life is hard but you don't have to go through it alone. You always find somebody to help pull you through.

Just like how AJ and Dean found each other. They were both broken, seemed insignificant to others, but they were what kept the other happy. All they ever needed was each other.

Fin🎬