Chapter (12)

-What is it, mommy? - Lana asked as she reaches in for the box that Lauren had on her fingers.

-Open it. - Lauren replies as I was displaying the same amount of curiosity that Lana was showing. I never had an idea to what it was.

-It's a little story book. - Lana says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

-It's not a story book, baby. - Lauren chuckles as it only provided more oblivion to the younger girl.

-It's a story book without a story? - Lana hums.

-No, it's an album, there's nothing inside, see? - Lauren points at the empty pages for emphasis.

-Album? - Lana raises an eyebrow. - what's that?

-Well, it's where you keep our pictures together. - Lauren smiles widely. - so if ever we are away, you can always look at our pictures and not be upset anymore.

-Oh that's how it works?

-Yes baby, others can also keep pictures in albums for memories. That's like the whole point of albums. - Lauren carries Lana and makes her sit on her lap. - do you understand?

-Yes, I understand. - Lana bobs her head in affirmative. - can Cami be in the album too?

Taking that a little unexpected, I only managed to gulp the lump on my throat. Lauren sends Lana a warm smile, doing the same thing to me when she caught my eyes.

-Yes of course, anyone can be there as long as you want them to be. - Lauren plays with Lana's hair. - especially if they are important to you and if you have made memories with them, you can take pictures and stick it in.

-Okay, okay. - Lana agrees as she pulls her thumb to gesture a thumbs up. - can we take a picture? I want- oh, we don't have a camera...

Picking up on Lana's eyes that suddenly dropped to the floor, Lauren laughs again. - look in the box, you never seen everything.

Lana obliged, looking at what's inside the box once more, she pulled out a white polaroid camera and suddenly turned the object around her fingers, taking a better look at it in different angles.

-Is this a camera? It looks like a camera.

-It's a polaroid camera, basically, it's the ones that prints out the pictures, do you want to try it? - Lauren questioned as Lana handed her the camera.

Lana beams in excitement. - yes please, Cami, come here.

I blinked in surprise. - Me? I can take a picture of you and your mommy if you want, then it will be the first picture in your album.

-Yes, but I want to take a picture with you, so come here. - Lana pulls me closer only getting a grin from Lauren.

-Okay, love. - I sighed in defeat as Lana straddled my lap.

-I like if you call me that. - Lana whispers and a smile formed on my lips.

-Why? Your mommy doesn't call you that? - I whispered back and Lana started to giggle.

-Nope, she calls me her baby. - Lana answers. - if she calls me baby then I'm her baby and you call me love then I'm your love.

Only our murmurs and whispers grew. - your mommy sounds so boring.

-I know, she's so boring, and her boring face too - Lana keeps up and I almost bursted out laughing.

Lauren's suddenly interrupted the both of us. - what are you both talking about hmm?