Chapter (11)

Listen to "West Coast" by Lana Del Rey later in a specific part of the story, I'll just tell you.

Camila Cabello's Point Of View

Lauren was visibly hesitant. She has been very silent the whole ride from the hotel, and until now we both never exchanged a word until we both finally arrived at her doorstep. She carried her luggage with difficulty so I offered her help, only getting a simple "thank you" from her and nothing more. Before she could ring the doorbell, she gave me a stern look and I couldn't decipher her expression in a single bit.

-Camila, I'm nervous right now. - she speaks up and I blinked in surprise since that was probably the longest sentence she said all this time. - I don't fucking know what to do.

-Hey hey, - I started and gazed in her dark green orbs. - don't be nervous, here.

I took her hand in mine getting a small delicate smile from the older one, giving my stomach butterflies and making my heart flutter in bliss of joy. I gave it a gentle compress and she exhaled in relief.

-Thank you. - she whispered. - I'm just...you know.

-I do know. - I replied with a sigh as she let go of my fingers to wipe her sweaty palms on the fabric of her pants. - we can always go back if you want to.

Hearing my stupid suggestion she shook her head telling me no. - no I can't, it's Lana's birthday today, remember? I can't miss her birthday. She'll be sad and my surprise to come early would be ruined because I-

-Lauren. - I called her out and I could notice her getting even more troubled. - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.

-You don't scare me. - she responded frowning, gripping on my hand tightly once again. - fuck it, let's just do this.

-You don't have to worry about anything, okay? - I assured her as she nodded. - I'm here to hold your hand whenever you want to.

-I want to hold your hand until later please. - she said and I was a little shocked, but not too much. - I'm sorry, I kinda really need it.

-Okay, I will let you hold my hand until later but won't your mom ask you why you're holding on to me? - I questioned while deep in thought.

-I don't give a shit about what she would say. - she rolled her eyes in annoyance. - I don't care about her.

-Okay. - I sighed still disappointed a little bit. - do you want to ring the doorbell now?

-Yes. - she made sure, still squeezing my fingers tightly in between hers.

She rung the doorbell and after she did, she let out a whimper. I made sure I was intertwining our fingers together so she wouldn't explode in anxiety. Sooner, the creek in the door opened, and in sight stood a tall woman next to a child, I locked eyes with the woman who I assumed is Lauren's mom because of the similar features they had, she gave me a suspicious look in exchange. I receded my eyes from her to face the younger child, she looked like a literal copy of Lauren, her eyes were attractive green and her hair was wavy just like Lauren's. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, almost ignoring Lauren's frustration which I knew was increasing in every minute.

-Mommy! - the child squealed, pulling Lauren in a tight hug making the older one drop to her knees. - mommy it's really you!

I could feel my lips forming up a dazzling smile in sight of the mother and daughter moment they both shared. Lauren started to tear up as her eyes were closed, cherishing her daughter's distant embrace. I didn't look up as my eyes were just staring at the both of them. Seeing Lauren in her pinnacle of happiness made me feel some kind of way. I was a bit surprised when I felt the heat of my own tears stream down my cheeks.