Chapter (9)

Lauren Jauregui's Point Of View

Miami- 9:40 PM

-Yes! - the sweet voice exclaimed in excitement. - so you're coming home for holidays, mommy?

-Yes, baby. - I assured with a smile on my face. - I'm coming to see you, baby.

-Yay! I can't wait for you to get here! I'm going to show you all of my soccer trophies!  - she excitedly squealed.- Nana told me that I am better than you in soccer back when you were younger.

I smiled hearing the younger one refer my mother to as "Nana" I almost cried tears of joy hearing her voice after a long period of time. Calling her wasn't enough for me so I decided to go back home in about two weeks from now, still can't tell how much I'm really looking forward to seeing her face to face once again.

-Yes, little one, you are better than me. - I bit on my lower lip. - we can play after winter since I'm staying for about a month, I want to see if you can beat me and I'm sure you will.

-Yes. I am better than mommy! - she says. - I'm excited to see you.

-Me too, baby. - I sighed. - I really miss you so much and I can't wait to see your cute face again.

-I miss you too and I can't wait to see you. - she repeated as I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand before she can see me starting to tear up.

-I'm sorry if everything I do isn't enough to make you happy, baby. - I frowned, gathering my words in the lump of my throat sounding my best to not sound like I'm about to cry.

-No. - she whispered. - you're enough and you still call me and it still makes me happy even if I can't spend time with you in real life.

My heart was beating outrageously hearing those words from her mouth. I don't know why but after she assured me that I was enough for her, I suddenly felt exactly that.

-Yes, but it's better in real life though.

-I know, but I understand you have to go to work for me. - she speaks fondly on the other side of the phone. - how is your work?

I gulped not taking in mind what she just asked me. I cringed in guilt when I knew I had to lie. I don't want her worrying about me. - it's all good, baby, why is that?

-Because I want to know if you're happy with your work. - she replies. - because Uncle Chris isn't happy with his job.

-What? - I blinked in confusion. - Why isn't he happy with his job?

The younger girl pouted and shrugged as she started to find the right words to answer me. - I don't know, Momma Clara always says that his work is useless and Uncle Chris was very sad about it when I asked him.

-Oh. - I sighed, not even surprised after hearing my mother protest against my brother's decisions.

-Well, I don't know. - she spoke in between her glass of milk, finishing the liquid quite fast. - he works in a band.

I do call Taylor to check how everything is going but she hasn't mentioned anything about Chris at all, she always refuses those kinds of topics. It's like I'm more closer to Taylor than my own mother, we both would relate a lot and we would always talk in chat and she would even tell me a lot about my daughter, how she would always brag about her soccer achievements and her grades in school, which I'm very proud of hearing.

-A band?

The younger brunette nodded - yes, like a music band and he would always practice in the garage, I hate the drums, it's too loud.